Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone else have a child who NEVER shuts up?

If you figure out a way, please let me know. I haven't figured it out yet. My DS talks every second he is awake, and if he isn't around us (in his room, bathroom, etc) he is talking to himself. I love my son, but he spent this last weekend at a birthday party and the silence was heaven. I spent a year homeschooling him in MO, and I never had a break from his talking. I rather enjoy my work now, taking care of 4 month old twins that don't say a word all day. It just gets to be too much for me b/c I LOVE just sitting in a quiet room, and have no problem not talking. The second I get home (literally, I haven't even shut the door yet) he starts in on me, and sometimes I want to scream.

Advertisement

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #12
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

When it gets to be too much I tell my dd, "wow! that is amazing, you should write it down or draw that!" lmao. She has her own notebook and pen that she carries almost everywhere and will immediately stop talking to jot down her ideas. It gives me a least a moment to think and breathe. She loves her idea book though.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #13
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun
When it gets to be too much I tell my dd, "wow! that is amazing, you should write it down or draw that!" lmao. She has her own notebook and pen that she carries almost everywhere and will immediately stop talking to jot down her ideas. It gives me a least a moment to think and breathe. She loves her idea book though.
This is a great idea!! I think I'll get him a "special" one for his birthday!
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #14
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonenonlymrssmith View Post
This is a great idea!! I think I'll get him a "special" one for his birthday!
My dd is a fantastic reader and writer now I think thanks to the idea book. She is about to turn 7 this month and even though it doesn't give me a ton of peace and quiet I think it helps to organize her thoughts. She loves to write books though! Oh and don't tell her but sometimes when I say, "oh be right back mommy has to go to the bathroom." I really don't. lmao I am just in there taking a deep breath.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #15
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Yes, my 6 year old. However, while he has not been diagnosed my mommy instinct has been screaming since he was a little guy that he has Aspergers or something similar. He doesn't even acknowledge that you are speaking back to him when he's on one of his lengthy speeches.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #16
kaylamae
Registered Users
seller

Glad I am not the only one, sometimes I zone out just to have some quiet. My DD is 5 and my son is 3..car trips to the nearest town are 1.5 hours of chatter the entire time.
kaylamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #17
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
I moved this to parenting. Please read the stickies at the top of the forum. Thanks!
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #18
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can definitely commiserate only my chatterbox is 11, almost 12. She has always been that way though. Full of imagination and excitement. She didn't have an imaginary friend, she had a whole troop. They were a family.

I miss those younger years so much now that she is older. I have no advice, sorry. Now that she is older, I have tried going the "be respectful of others" route because it can be very overwhelming to listen to her for hours on end.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #19
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ds2. Omg.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #20
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine are chatter boxes when we've been trapped indoors. Just getting out to story time, a zoo, or a park makes a big difference. I've also found that I adore shopping with my Chatty Cathy's - shopping in silence is just not my thing.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote