Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

How to transfer from diaper free to underwear?

My DD (2 yo) has recently become diaper free potty trained but she's not potty learned. I don't think she would be able to pull her panties down to go potty...any tips for how to work on introducing underwear, or even pants? She's wearing dresses and shirts, but I'd like to clothe her again!

Advertisement

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD (2.5) is working on this too.

I have found that she can handle actual undies, esp if they are boy-short style. Of course they absorb/stop NOTHING so she only wears them at home lol.
Will your DD tell you that she needs to potty and then needs you to help her? I figure we can get the rest of the way eventually - just getting something in the potty is great.
She wears a lot of dresses and skirts w/o attached bloomers - I have been cutting the bloomers out of most of them.
We have had decent success having DD pull her undies back up after - there's not as much urgency! And she is getting the hang of it. Describe it as "pushing" your undies down, not pulling them down. Pulling something away from you was clearly confusing (kwim?)
Old 06-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pushing versus pulling - that makes sense! DD is independent diaper free. She walked up to her papaw last night to brag that she pooped in the potty and he picked her up to take her to the potty. What he found was she had already taken care of business! She doesn't even come and get us, which worries me if she's not going to be pushing her panties down. She doesn't like them around her ankles, even though I show her that's how mommy and daddy have theirs when they go potty.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DD is 26 months, and has been diaper free since she was18 months old. She's not "technically" potty trained depending on who you ask, bc she needs help getting her pants down. But she's been accident free for months.

My plan for summer is to keep her in elastic-waisted shorts that are a size bigger than she needs so that she can work on pulling them down on her own. I've heard that a season of really easy clothes can give them the confidence to deal with other clothes (that are more "their size") that are harder for them to get the hang of initially.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh good thinking. I'll try that with the bigger size pants. Hers are a size up to accommodate cloth diapers, anyway!

Sunny due in October!