Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #21
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Deodorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
Kay, I'm in the same boat. I actually developed my own complex recipe and may start selling it here. I have 4 trial sticks out to DS members and another to a friend. Initial feedback is positive. Depending on what they tell me after a month of use, I may buy some more twist ups to make more.
That's awesome! Would you mind posting on this thread or pming me to let me know when/if you have some available to buy? Thanks!

Advertisement

kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #22
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

PM'd you so that you're in my system, Kay. Will do.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #23
Erin0183
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris10mus View Post
Anyone ever try Mineral Salt as deodorant? I saw it at Whole foods but was hesitant to buy it.
I use Crystal Stick, which is mineral salt, and I love it! It works wonderfully for me. as a bonus, it lasts forever. However, I have never needed strong deodorants, so I don't know if it would work as well if anyone has body odor issues.
Erin0183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #24
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin0183 View Post
I don't know if it would work as well if anyone has body odor issues.
Yeah, this. I don't personally know anyone who was happy with crystal deodrants other than those who hardly needed one in the first place. I almost said something earlier but didn't want to come across as negative about someone else's exciting find. The plus is that you can use it on your feet if it does not work on your pits. Do be aware, too, that it contains natural alums.

Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #25
Ocean4Me
Registered Users
Formerly: ***ach

I tried that recipe too and it made my underarms break out so I took out the baking soda.It still worked but didn't irritate!
Ocean4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #26
Elia
Registered Users
seller

I know the Frugally Sustainable works for me, but I hope you ladies find something that works for you. It is so frustrating when you can't find something!
Elia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #27
bubbaloubaby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429
Are you using Bob's Red Mill Baking Soda? It's natural extraction is gentler and does the trick for me (in combo with a lot of other ingredients). I don't have a clue as to what to say about the browning. Unlike you, I need a heavy duty deodorant year round, so I include french pressed zinc oxide in mine. You might want to try it as a baking soda replacement.
I would love to know your recipe?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #28
kris10mus
Registered Users
seller
seller

So now that I finally found something that I like and doesn't have aluminum in it, I felt I had to share

I tried a new batch with Bob's Red Mill baking soda to replace the arm and hammer one I had been using. I also used less of the baking soda and added more arrowroot powder and it still gave me a rash.
So, then I tried putting the coconut oil on first and then just put a little powder on top of that. That also didn't work out very well:/

so thennn I found this awesome mineral salt deodorant (aka crystal rock) from whole foods. It worked perfect! didn't irritate my pits and I never smelled anything either! So after some research, I found it has quite a bit of aluminum in it... so I stopped using that too.

I was about ready to give up until I came across Primal pit Paste. I was hesitant to buy it because it has very similar ingredients in it that my homemade deodorant recipe had but I was desperate.

It's amazing it comes in a either a jar or stick, I purchased the stick. It doesn't sting or cause a rash and my pits smell of lavender.

I hope this helps someone who is having my same issue with deodorant. I know I was insanely frustrated.
kris10mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #29
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kris, I'm sorry the Bob's Red Mill tip did not work for you .

Bubbaloubaby, my powerful deodorant is now for sale if you go to my siggy.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #30
kris10mus
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
Kris, I'm sorry the Bob's Red Mill tip did not work for you .

Bubbaloubaby, my powerful deodorant is now for sale if you go to my siggy.
Don't be! I appreciate any tips or information! My pits just must be extra sensitive :/
kris10mus is offline   Reply With Quote