Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
happy2beamom's Avatar
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 1,688
Sloomb cloth diapers .... Questions

Someone local is selling some Sloomb diapers, but i'm not familiar with them.

Are these a good night time solution? What is the 'draw' to them?

If i'm going to use prefolds, should i just stick with those? These are a lot more, but maybe for nighttime? Or is it just a fad?

Advertisement

__________________
K SAHM of 7 year old DS, 4 1/2 year old DD, and baby DS. Living life one day at a time
happy2beamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
seacat's Avatar
seacat
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,086
Re: Sloomb cloth diapers .... Questions

Are these a good nightime solution???? Yes, they are one of the most highly regarded nightime solutions and have either a strong following or a strong desire not to follow. The draw to them is they work really well. The opposition is that the diapers do get stiff when wet, can hold stink, and some aren't fans of the company. (I'm guessing these are the OBFs, but if they are the terry they don't get as crunchy).
If it was me (totally biased because I have a lot of sloomb) I'd a couple for nightime and see how you like them. Much easier than layering prefolds at night.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Hungry Caterpillar's Avatar
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,244
Re: Sloomb cloth diapers .... Questions

We use them at night, and it's the only thing we have found to work. I have recently discovered that the Target Clean Pristine detergent softens them and gets them really clean in our water so they are nice and silky again.

How did she price them? If it's a good deal I would definitely get a few to try. Prefolds in my experience are not great for naps or nighttime, but it depends on the baby.
__________________
Andrea
Mama to B and E, Wife to E
Parenting with Hugs and Terror since 2011
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
jacandy's Avatar
jacandy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar
We use them at night, and it's the only thing we have found to work. I have recently discovered that the Target Clean Pristine detergent softens them and gets them really clean in our water so they are nice and silky again.

How did she price them? If it's a good deal I would definitely get a few to try. Prefolds in my experience are not great for naps or nighttime, but it depends on the baby.
What type of water do you have?
__________________
Amanda ~ Wife to J '09 & semi-crunchy, , SAHM to M '06 , L '10 , E '12 & R '13

http://www.iheartfrugality.com
jacandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
Hungry Caterpillar's Avatar
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,244
Re: Sloomb cloth diapers .... Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacandy View Post
What type of water do you have?
Hard but not super hard. I live in Southern California. Top loader.
__________________
Andrea
Mama to B and E, Wife to E
Parenting with Hugs and Terror since 2011
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
happy2beamom's Avatar
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 1,688
Re: Sloomb cloth diapers .... Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat View Post
Are these a good nightime solution???? Yes, they are one of the most highly regarded nightime solutions and have either a strong following or a strong desire not to follow. The draw to them is they work really well. The opposition is that the diapers do get stiff when wet, can hold stink, and some aren't fans of the company. (I'm guessing these are the OBFs, but if they are the terry they don't get as crunchy).
If it was me (totally biased because I have a lot of sloomb) I'd a couple for nightime and see how you like them. Much easier than layering prefolds at night.
Is it worth it to get smalls? I'd change at every feeding so is the price worth it for that age? Or better for medium and/or large?

The listing doesn't say. I'd have to ask about material. Also, should all of them have an extra doubler?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
We use them at night, and it's the only thing we have found to work. I have recently discovered that the Target Clean Pristine detergent softens them and gets them really clean in our water so they are nice and silky again.

How did she price them? If it's a good deal I would definitely get a few to try. Prefolds in my experience are not great for naps or nighttime, but it depends on the baby.
They are priced at $18 each for brand new (CND). Is that good?
__________________
K SAHM of 7 year old DS, 4 1/2 year old DD, and baby DS. Living life one day at a time
happy2beamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
jacandy's Avatar
jacandy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,197
Following!
__________________
Amanda ~ Wife to J '09 & semi-crunchy, , SAHM to M '06 , L '10 , E '12 & R '13

http://www.iheartfrugality.com
jacandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
Hungry Caterpillar's Avatar
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2beamom

Is it worth it to get smalls? I'd change at every feeding so is the price worth it for that age? Or better for medium and/or large?

The listing doesn't say. I'd have to ask about material. Also, should all of them have an extra doubler?

They are priced at $18 each for brand new (CND). Is that good?
If its the OBF it's an awesome deal. If its snapless it's less a good deal but still $4 off US retail. Snapless come in only two sizes though
__________________
Andrea
Mama to B and E, Wife to E
Parenting with Hugs and Terror since 2011
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
momgoddess's Avatar
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,050
Re: Sloomb cloth diapers .... Questions

They are the BEST! My very faves. I'm not a big fitteds person, but I LOVE these. By far, my favorite for night time.
__________________
Valerie ~ Single Student Mama to four big kids and one brand new baby girl Lennon (04/17/12) and who recently relapsed into cloth diaper addiction after 8 years clean!
momgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
lakemama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 510
My Mood:
Re: Sloomb cloth diapers .... Questions

We have about 10 for night time. They run small FYI. Not one leak ever at night (my son is now 34 mos and a super soaker). In fact my daughter changed him the other night and forgot to put a wool cover on before bed. 12 hours later his jammies weren't even wet.
lakemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.