Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
rachelhf7
Registered Users

Amber

Not sure if this is ok to post here or if I should post it on the OT board.

Tell me your thoughts on Baltic Amber necklaces. Do they really work for teething pain?

Advertisement

rachelhf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Amber

They work for our 9 month old. She has had an Amber Teething Necklace from Baltic Creations since she was about a month old. She cuts 3 teeth at a time. She still drools a TON, but she isn't in pain like my others were when they were teething. If she doesn't have it on for awhile, her mood is noticeably different.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Yes, they worked great for my son! We lost our first one and I had to order a second one because it made that big a difference. I wish he would wear it now, but it's just big enough to pull it up and chew on it. But he started wearing it at 3 months and as long as he wore it we didn't have a drool problem, if I took it off, we had the drool fountain within the hour!

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

Yes. They work. I am always skeptical, but these have made a big difference for us.

My two year old used to scream for a couple hours every day when he was teething, nothing we did helped. Now I can tell when he is teething, he will be really drooly, upset stomach, diaper rash, but NO screaming!

My three year old is done teething, but used to complain about an upset stomach or headaches all day every day. We thought he was just being whiny, or knew what to say to get what he wanted, but I made him put on an amber necklace and he came to me a couple hours later saying, "My tummy doesn't hurt anymore, can I take this off now?" I said, "No way, if it makes you feel better we are never taking it off." and he doesn't complain anymore, except when he's clearly sick.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Alexismarie
Registered Users

My Mood:
I just ordered a bracelet & a necklace for my DD, she's 4 months & is starting to teeth. She's starting to drool alot more too. I hope it helps, I always hear good things about it!
Alexismarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
rachelhf7
Registered Users

I may have to try one then!
rachelhf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:
I am a skeptic. I cannot see chemically or medically how it could work to relieve pain. Its a fad.

Kiwi mum of 4 including Benjamin born still at 19 weeks on Jan 17th 2013.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
mommaroo2Lou
Registered Users
seller

Ok, I'll have to put the one I was given on DS. I too am skeptical but do believe there are things we don't yet fully understand.
mommaroo2Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by willownz View Post
I am a skeptic. I cannot see chemically or medically how it could work to relieve pain. Its a fad.

Kiwi mum of 4 including Benjamin born still at 19 weeks on Jan 17th 2013.
It would be a long living fad,then! They have been around in the US since my 16 yr old was small. My friend who grew up in Switzerland said that they had always sold them in the pharmacies there.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #10
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
They never worked for my DD. I made myself believe that they did for awhile but they just didn't. I use them because they are cute
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote