Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Angry Yuck...Just a Vent about a useless parent >=(

So DSD's bio mom lives in NJ. She has put us through constant hell so she "could have her daughter with her". And by hell I mean constantly calling CPS on us, calling the cops to check on her daughter and so on and so on. Anyway, now that DSD is up there for the whole summer, 4 days into it, she is trying to send her back. We are 8 hours from NJ. She just had neck surgery so she's not supposed to drive. However even if I had money to drive all way up there, I also have to put 2 new tires on my van (they are dryrotted) and that's NOT happening until my inspection runs out in July. It really irritates me that because DSD is "sneaky" and "quiet" and "only wants to be up there to take vacation with them in FL in July" she is ready to give her back. Now I don't mind one bit DSD being here. She lives with us and always has. It just really bothers me that her mom who makes such a big deal about spending time with her ALWAYS spends a few days with her and then decides she is too big of a hassle or such a rotten kid. Really annoying! This is just a vent. Also she is complaining that DSD wants to always be on the "go" and go and do stuff like shopping. WOW! Really? DUH! Um...she is going on 13. What the heck do you expect? for her to be a 12 year old adult? She's complaining about how much DSD eats and how she doesn't have a lot of money. Welcome to my world. When you decide to skip out on child support that is how we feel!!!

/vent

Advertisement

justjacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

Re: Yuck...Just a Vent about a useless parent >=(

wow.. sorry you are going through that. She does not sound pleasant to deal with. Sounds like she just wants to bother you guys and has no real interest in her daughter
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel so badly for the daughter.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

How much is a plane ticket? A 13 year old can fly with a flight attendant's help and it may only be like $50 if she's that close.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Honestly, I would tell her you just can't go get her right now and there's really no way around that. If she wants her gone that badly then she will figure out her own way to get her there.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She's 12. I think on most airlines it's a minimum of 14 to not be considered an unaccompanied minor. I talked to bio mom and told her to just let her adjust. Found out in the house she also has her step son visiting and her neice and nephew. So DSD isn't getting the one on one attention she thought she'd get. I know DSD and she can be rude and have an attitude but bio mom needs to realize that she is also a teen and if she sends her away this time, I'm not worried about DSD going back. Honestly it gets old. She has neglected her her entire life until last year and I don't think it's fair that she sends her away early now.
justjacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

i wouldn't pay to have her come home early. bio mom needs to step up and be a mom or find a way to send her home on her own.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

what a crap situation! Sorry you're dealing with this. And seriously? She's complaining about her own kid eating??? My 11 yo ds.eats more than I do. Guess what? Kids eat! Lol.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
dannic
Registered Users

dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #10
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjacqueline View Post
She's 12. I think on most airlines it's a minimum of 14 to not be considered an unaccompanied minor. I talked to bio mom and told her to just let her adjust. Found out in the house she also has her step son visiting and her neice and nephew. So DSD isn't getting the one on one attention she thought she'd get. I know DSD and she can be rude and have an attitude but bio mom needs to realize that she is also a teen and if she sends her away this time, I'm not worried about DSD going back. Honestly it gets old. She has neglected her her entire life until last year and I don't think it's fair that she sends her away early now.
she can fly southwest as an unaccompanied minor