Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

I'm a huge fan of trim diapers and also have a smallish girl (9 months 17.5 lbs). Diaper safari and flip covers work great with small or medium Joey Bunz Babykicks hemp inserts and I love my Nana's Bottoms AIOs. None of them impede motion. DD started crawling before 8 months.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #12
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thinking about giving CD another try...

were the 2 your tried OS? I would try a sized diaper probably a medium. Grovia is very trim. I love bummis super brite sized covers if you want to try flats or prefolds.

If you really want something to last longer (though with your child size she might be in Med for a LONG time -- and its the longest fitting size for most children anyway) you can try a duo system. Thirties is a popular one. The only reason I don't recommend that at the moment is that you child is probably still in size 1 which would be silly to get at this point.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #13
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

You sound like me 6 months ago! Check out this link for the advice people gave me. I did end up going with SoftBums, I found a bunch used for reasonable. Good luck!
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1429598
My work in progress BLOG
SweetMamaKaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #14
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

You might like sized diapers better. I like sized diapers for when baby is small. FB has sized if you want pockets. BGs are not bulky at all when they are open to largest setting.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #15
2much2luv
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would try flats or prefolds under wool. The wool acts as both diaper cover and clothes so that cuts down on bulk right away, and flats and prefolds are both very trim when fastened on, especially flats of course.
2much2luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:50 AM   #16
OrchidMama
Registered Users
seller

Our babies are practically the same age and size! Mine was 6 months on the 6th, and last time she got weighed, a couple of weeks ago she was 13lbs 4 oz. I use BGs just for nighttime since they are bulky, but when I had less diapers I used them during the day too. I've been using them since she hit 10lbs, about 3 months ago(She gains a steady lb a month). I can take pics tomorrow of her in various diapers to help you decide. It will be fun =). For OS covers I like Grovia the best for her right now, as far as fit. We have some Best Bottoms that actually fit her from birth but I just never used them. They are trim too though. She has no problem with moving, she is crawling and can sit up on her own, although she still tips to the side sometimes. Also, I don't have very many, but you may want to try sized diapers. This is about when mediums start fitting and she can probably wear them for a loooong time.
OrchidMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:35 AM   #17
mariesmom
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the replies, everyone! The ones I tried were OS, yes. I'm sure you're all right and that sized would be better. However I'm hesitant to spend hundreds of dollars again on cloth diapers in case I still don't like them.... so I'm leaning toward trying flats and covers this time. I like the idea of folding anyway, it's almost like an art! If that works out, I'll probably try some of the other more "high-tech" diapers that you are all suggesting... I'm keeping notes!

OrchidMama, pics would be awesome! That's funny ours are about the same size and age. I had yet to meet someone else with a baby as small as my girl!
mariesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #18
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

My DD2 is only slightly bigger than yours. She weighed 13 lbs. 12 oz. at her 6 month appointment. I only have AIO and am loving the nb swaddlebees simplex. That would probably be silly for you to buy at this point. The thirsties duo size 2 would work but they are bulky on a small baby IMO. Sized simplex 2.0, bottombumpers and peachy green are my favorites for trimness. I'll see if I can get some pictures.
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #19
Darkfyre
Registered Users

At 6 months DS was not quite 11lbs. We were using, and still are, sized gmd prefolds, LL flats and wool. We found early on that if he wore PUL all day then we would have a red bum. So I started with wool at night and quickly switched to it full time. And we never had problems with mobility.
Darkfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #20
OrchidMama
Registered Users
seller

This is under a prefold snapped. A flat would be trimmer. This is a Grovia on the middle rise. It's still bulky, but not as much as a BG. I don't know why, but it won't let me upload more than three files at a time.

Last edited by OrchidMama; 04-17-2013 at 05:33 PM.
OrchidMama is offline   Reply With Quote