Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
HahaMom
Registered Users
seller

Soreness 3+ months postpartem

I gave birth at the end of October. I had a third degree tear. According to my midwives at my follow up appointments, everything has healed normally. But I still have a lot of soreness, especially if I'm on my feet for a while. Has anyone had a similarly long recovery? I am so frustrated to still be having this problem!

Advertisement

HahaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
TinyHineyDiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had 2nd degree with my first ds, and I had soreness for almost a year afterwards. It wasn't all the time, mostly when dh and I dtd but it does take time to feel better.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:16 PM   #3
HahaMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Soreness 3+ months postpartem

Thanks. We haven't even attempted that cause I'm kind of dreading it, but it helps to hear I'm not the only one who has had a long recovery.
HahaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
achieng
Registered Users

Yes, I had stitches that fell apart one month post partum and re-opened the tear. It was very painful. The pain was finally completely gone around 7-8 months post-partum. Hang in there.
achieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
When I had DD, I had an almost 4th degree tear and it took forever to not hurt anymore. I could barely walk for the longest time. It did get better though. It will for you too.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #6
superbeans
Registered Users
seller

I had third degree tearing too and my DD was born the end of October. I still have soreness sometimes, but like you not all the time. Mostly after I excercise. I thought I could start running again and tried it maybe two weeks ago, but oh goodness no! After 3 days of LIGHT jogging for 5 minutes (was trying to build my endurance again) I was in tons of pain. I haven't tried again since. We still can't DTD either... we've tried a few times but way to painful. It literally feels like it doesn't fit in there anymore (sorry to be graphic!) But anyways, you are not alone :-)
Old 02-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #7
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was pretty sore after #1. I had a 2nd degree tear but it didnt heal right. Sometimes if I worked out too hard it would hurt but mainly only when Dh and I dtd. I even asked the Dr about it a year later at my annual and she tried to give me some things to help it heal. The stuff didnt work for me though because I can't to creams down below...I have allergic reactions :/. Anyway, the only thing that helped me was when I had #2 and I tore again and then healed correctly. I hope you feel better soon, but if you don't you should have it checked out. There are things that can be tried and done to help. Being intimate again is an important thing between you and dh. As well as living without constant pain down there!
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #8
abeccarelli
Registered Users
seller

It is normal. They say it takes anywhere from 6 months to a year to heal. While the tear may have healed, the inside is still healing. My daughter's surgeon just explained it all to me...her incision was healed (foot), but the inner repair was still ongoing. Totally normal.
abeccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #9
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It took 6 months for my third degree tear to heal. I couldn't dtd that whole time, way too painful. And I would get sore from being on my feet too long. I also would get random twinges of pain.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #10
jcar9
Registered Users

Sounds like everyone already answered your question but just wanted to chime in and say it's happening to me too! I'm 6 months pp and sex still hurts. Sometimes it still hurts when I push to poop (sorry if that's tmi?!) I had a 2nd degree tear
jcar9 is offline   Reply With Quote