Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
HBAC of Bodhi Fox- positive :) PIC HEAVY

I woke up at 4:30am Friday morning to the school calling for a snowday, and realized I was having contractions. For weeks I had been having them, but these seemed different. A little painful, more like period cramps then just intense tightening like the ones the days before. I told my husband to help me time them, and he might not be going to work today. Luckily he works construction, so days when it's snowing are usually called off anyway. Contractions were about 13 minutes apart with random tightenings in between. I decided to bounce on a yoga ball and kept timing them throughout the morning. I called my midwife to let her know I was pretty sure I was in early labor and I because of the snow, I wanted to make sure she had enough time to get chains if she needed. I asked her what I could do to make the contractions stronger or closer together, and she told me to rock on the yoga ball or take a walk. I did both, but began to get frustrated when nothing changed. I called her back again around 12:30 to let her know they were now 10 minutes apart with the tightenings still in between but not any stronger. She believed I was in labor and gave me the idea to try to pump 5 minutes on each side and then take a 5 minute break and do it again to see if I could get contractions that were closer to 5 minutes instead of 10. Almost immediately after I began pumping the contractions became considerably stronger and closer together. I was barely able to sit still while pumping because they were quite intense. By 1:00pm the contractions were 4 minutes apart still with tightenings in between each one. I called my midwife again and told her I thought it was time for her to come, especially since she lives an hour away and the roads were not the best due to the snow. She arrived around 2:00pm with another midwife. I was having a hard time convincing myself I was really in labor and was afraid I was wasting there time. One of the midwives checked me and I was already 5cm! I couldn't believe it. At least I knew this was it. Contractions begin to get stronger and I had to breath though them. I was very calm and relaxed and I think that truly helped me experience very little pain.

Around 5:00pm I started feeling like I wanted to get in the tub to help me relax. So DH filled it while the midwife checked me. I was 6cm with a bulging bag of water. I was a little discouraged at the little progress, but my last birth went so fast once the intensity picked up (4cm to out in 32 minutes) and I felt similar. So I went with my gut and got in the tub around 6:00. My husband was amazing and such a great support to me in labor. I read a lot of Ina May during my pregnancy and tried to make love my central focus giving and receiving with my DH. I also had it in my mind to not complain. I had signs up all over the birthing room reminding me to not be afraid, to trust my body, and to choose a gentle birth for my son. Each contraction I stared into Cheyne's eyes (DH) and his peaceful eyes staring back at me reminded me that I was ok, and I felt safe.

I was so fortunate that all the way through labor I got breaks in between contractions, which did not happen during transition last time I was in labor. I still had the same tightenings in between like the rest of my labor, but they were not painful. I didn't feel out of control and was able to stay calm and relaxed. Then during a very intense contraction I felt a pop and announced "My water broke." followed quickly by "I HAVE TO PUSH!" This was the only point I begin to feel afraid because the energy was so powerful and the pressure was strong. But everyone was reminding me, "He's almost here." and "You're doing great." In less then 2 minutes at 7:37pm out he came. My beautiful son Bodhi Fox took her first breath and I was instantly filled with so much love and joy I felt like I could burst.

He was so beautiful. He let out a few good cries and then opened his eyes and just stared at me. We stayed in the tub for a while until I started to feel cold. We got in bed and I fed Bodhi and waited on the placenta. I never felt the urge to push so I asked my midwife to cut the chord and sat on the birthing stool and out it came. That was the first time there was even any blood, and I think mainly due to raspberry leaf, I have barely bleed since. I tore in a few places, but feel amazing all things considered. It was an amazing birth, by far my best (Bodhi is my 3rd son) and I feel like I have been in a state of ecstasy ever since.

Advertisement

Last edited by earthmama7; 03-15-2013 at 10:05 PM.
earthmama7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congrats mana!! OT but I love your hair!
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congratulations! What a beautiful birth!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #4
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:
Re: HBAC of Bodhi Fox- positive :) PIC HEAVY

He is beautiful! Just like your other two boys!

Congratulations to all!
Old 03-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #5
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Absolutely lovely mama, I'm so happy for you and it's a really encouraging story for me, thank you for sharing. Your family is so beautiful!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #6
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Beautiful birth congrats. And I agree on the hair. Super creeper question any chance you could send me a close up pic I need a cuit for long hair but need to take a pic to the salon here <3
Old 03-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Congrats momma! What a beautiful birth! I am so glad that you got the home birth experience!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #8
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

What a great story!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh that newborn squish congratulations. Love that wool outfit. so adorable!
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #10
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congrats!

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote