Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
From July DDC - question for you!

Hi Feb Mamas! Congrats on your new babies!
I posted this in my DDC but thought since birth is fresh in your brain I'd ask here, too:

One of my good friends is nearly 39 weeks with her first baby. Very exciting! This is my 4th, and I feel obligated to fill her in on some things that I felt utterly unprepared for and no one told me about, especially about post-partum type things.
Such as...
The nurse will push on your lower abdomen to check your uterus afterward, and it really doesn't feel nice. Even if you have a c-section.
Two words: sitz bath.
If everything is ok, they don't have to take baby away from you right away (or at all).
Your boobs, vag, and eyes may all leak at the same time, and that is perfectly normal and expected.
COLACE. Yes.
Don't be a hero; if you need the pain killers on a schedule for awhile, do it. It will keep you better relaxed, and that helps with nursing since babies can smell fear.
Vag ice packs are the best thing ever!

So, hit me. Good, bad, funny, icky. What do you wish someone had told you, besides the above?

Advertisement

Old 03-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
How hard out can be to breastfeEd and trials, that there was a point your can't get epi, boyt Cushion. Your can take things from hospital not mailed to floor.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Your can deliver baby with oUT epi just deny you are in. labor - a friend suggestion.walking helps wonders alone to get ready for baby to arrive.

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 03-21-2013 at 08:27 AM.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: From July DDC - question for you!

I've always thought it would be a neat idea if I knew someone about to deliver to make up a delivery/post delivery survival kit. I would put things in it like giant regular (not thin) pads, tucks, dermaplast, collace, an inflatable donut pillow, some really good chocolate granola bars, nice water bottle, breast pads, gas drops for baby, swaddle blanket...
Old 03-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
that is a great idea!