Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Tiny Trousers
Registered Users
Formerly: Knits4Noah
My Mood:
What size wrap?

A little about me that may be relevant:
-I have a ring sling that I love but want something more supportive for longer hauls with the baby (now 2 months and almost 12lbs).
-I am 5'9" and weigh 154.
-I mostly want to do two shoulder carries with the wrap (as my ring sling covers my single shoulder carries, and I may try a shorty later if I love wrapping).
-I live in Texas and that = hot weather

Here is the wrap I am looking at. Reviews compare it in texture to the Storch Inka. It is thin-ish and 100% cotton. Do you think it is a good choice? Is 6 my safest size?

EviePants, Overalls Rompers, Accessories
Victoria -Wife to Daniel, momma to Noah & Eli, follower of Christ

Last edited by Tiny Trousers; 03-17-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Tiny Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: What size wrap? What do you think of the Little Frog wrap?

I would say a 6. Is there a babywearing group near you? That would allow you to try different ones. I've never tried the little frog wrap, but it does say on their website that it's best for little babies because it's thin and delicate. That might not take you through toddlerhood. It might get uncomfortable once your baby gets bigger. I've heard Leos are great first/only wraps. Check out thebabywearer. It's amazing. I'm looking for a cool weather wrap right now cause my Dydimos stripes and Natibaby bamboo are getting hot, although, it's probably more humid where you live. I used to live in Houston, I know how yucky it can get.
OrchidMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
Re: What size wrap? What do you think of the Little Frog wrap?

You definitely don't need a size 7 (5.2), you need to order the 4.6 size, which would be a size 6. I think this is a newer wrap that doesn't have many reviews. I actually just pre-ordered their linen rainbow because I'm a sucker for pretty rainbows and these wraps are SUPER cheap. Go for it, but in a size 6
-Kate SAHM to John 12/31/07, Grace 10/15/09, Jack ^i^ 5/18/12 , and Jane 5/14/13
myblessedbaby is offline   Reply With Quote