Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Please tell me about your tubals!

Sorry my search didn't turn up much??
If I have another child I'll most likely need a trip to the metal facility- haha! I would love a beautiful baby girl so my heart is breaking but I just cannot. My boys are almost two and four and have taken everything out of me.
I cannot do anything hormonal.... So idk of this will work for me.
Does Medicaid/Anthem healthkeepers plus cover it? If not how much out of pocket? (I know it varies)
Recovery?
Anyone end up pregnant?
How about unexpected side effects? I already have vestibular vaginitis I don't see how things could get much worse. I'm done & done with this phase of life & need to move on with a better guarantee that I will not get preg. Right now it's just (undependable for us- condoms). We where going to do the lady comp but I'm ready for something permanent. I've mentioned vasectomy to DH & I don't know if he thinks I'm joking or what but he just doesn't say anything on the subject.

Advertisement

E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
Angel89411
Banned

I had a tubal when in the hospital with DS2. Insurance covered it. I was already in the hospital and already had an epidural so it only added $90 to my bill. It didn't add any recovery time. It hurt for a few days. It was done through my belly button. After the swelling went down the scar tucked in. It's barely noticeable. I can post a pic if you want. I have had a 4-5 periods pp. the first 2 were horrid. After that not so bad. Aside from the back pain they are lighter and shorter now. But I also had a baby and we all know that changes things. I know a lot of people on here are very against them. I will say be sure it's what you want. A reversal is very expensive and not guaranteed. The first year I randomly broke down crying over my decision. Now (ds2 is 16 months) I'm happy with it. I'm getting in shape and back in school. We have found our groove. And I'm where you are. I mourned never having a girl but my sanity can't take anymore. I have a twinge now and then but it's gone quickly. I had a big turning point when I realized it was t having another baby I missed but MY babies being babies.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please tell me about your tubals!

I am having one within 24 hours of this baby's birth. I had to sign a paper requesting it 30 days prior. I figured my lady parts are gonna be all janked around anyhow and healing so might as well get it done now. Medicaid does cover it.

It is also hard for me as I have three boys and no daughters but I can't psychically make it through another pregnancy so it is time... Still grieving never having a daughter .

Last edited by jessicanashville; 03-16-2013 at 07:33 AM.
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel89411
I had a tubal when in the hospital with DS2. Insurance covered it. I was already in the hospital and already had an epidural so it only added $90 to my bill. It didn't add any recovery time. It hurt for a few days. It was done through my belly button. After the swelling went down the scar tucked in. It's barely noticeable. I can post a pic if you want. I have had a 4-5 periods pp. the first 2 were horrid. After that not so bad. Aside from the back pain they are lighter and shorter now. But I also had a baby and we all know that changes things. I know a lot of people on here are very against them. I will say be sure it's what you want. A reversal is very expensive and not guaranteed. The first year I randomly broke down crying over my decision. Now (ds2 is 16 months) I'm happy with it. I'm getting in shape and back in school. We have found our groove. And I'm where you are. I mourned never having a girl but my sanity can't take anymore. I have a twinge now and then but it's gone quickly. I had a big turning point when I realized it was t having another baby I missed but MY babies being babies.
Thanks. I really cannot do anymore. dS1 should have been an only child- he drives us both crazy. Ds2 wants to copy now. He's almost two & still nursing I'm trying to wean & he screams all night long. He has multiple food allergies & never slept well to begin with. My sanity and health are shot. Pretty sure my adrenals are shot because I get no freaking sleep and then the constant nagging stress from DS1 and all of our reactions to his behavior... I.just.cannot...
E-2.1.14
Old 03-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseum
Sorry my search didn't turn up much??
If I have another child I'll most likely need a trip to the metal facility- haha! I would love a beautiful baby girl so my heart is breaking but I just cannot. My boys are almost two and four and have taken everything out of me.
I cannot do anything hormonal.... So idk of this will work for me.
Does Medicaid/Anthem healthkeepers plus cover it? If not how much out of pocket? (I know it varies)
Recovery?
Anyone end up pregnant?
How about unexpected side effects? I already have vestibular vaginitis I don't see how things could get much worse. I'm done & done with this phase of life & need to move on with a better guarantee that I will not get preg. Right now it's just (undependable for us- condoms). We where going to do the lady comp but I'm ready for something permanent. I've mentioned vasectomy to DH & I don't know if he thinks I'm joking or what but he just doesn't say anything on the subject.
I had a tubal after DS2. I had a planned csection so they just did it before they closed me up. I don't think it added onto my recovery time. I was up and moving around a lot faster than with my 1st csection. I have blue cross blue shield and didn't have to pay anything for the tubal, but that may have been because I was already cut open. DH also had a vasectomy to make double sure mine didn't reverse and we end up with an unplanned pregnancy. His recovery was fairly easy. My period has been so much better after my tubal. It is a lot lighter and shorter and I have very mild cramping. Idk if that is typical though.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyandnick

I had a tubal after DS2. I had a planned csection so they just did it before they closed me up. I don't think it added onto my recovery time. I was up and moving around a lot faster than with my 1st csection. I have blue cross blue shield and didn't have to pay anything for the tubal, but that may have been because I was already cut open. DH also had a vasectomy to make double sure mine didn't reverse and we end up with an unplanned pregnancy. His recovery was fairly easy. My period has been so much better after my tubal. It is a lot lighter and shorter and I have very mild cramping. Idk if that is typical though.
Wait- you got preg after a tubal & his vasectomy?! Oh my...
E-2.1.14
Old 03-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

No, she was saying they both had it done so they didn't end up with an unplanned pregnancy.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseum

Wait- you got preg after a tubal & his vasectomy?! Oh my...
No. I made him get a vasectomy as extra protection. I think I might have a heart attack if that happened
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #9
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:

I had a friend who did it with a csection and it didn't add anything to her bill or time. I had a vaginal birth. It added nothing to my time but the $90 to my bill because I needed a surgery room and to be cut.

OP - we are having DS1 evaluated for ADHD and DS2 is very clingy. I can't even leave him in a church nursery. I hear ya. I can't imagine adding another.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #10
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

No. I made him get a vasectomy as extra protection. I think I might have a heart attack if that happened
I was gonna say!! Lol!!
E-2.1.14