Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel89411

I had a friend who did it with a csection and it didn't add anything to her bill or time. I had a vaginal birth. It added nothing to my time but the $90 to my bill because I needed a surgery room and to be cut.

OP - we are having DS1 evaluated for ADHD and DS2 is very clingy. I can't even leave him in a church nursery. I hear ya. I can't imagine adding another.
I was going to have Ds1 evaluates & DH couldn't stand the idea: he was like "do you want to live with whatever consiquences of him possibly bein dl'ed with whatever?" My answer was of course- if it can help him, our family relax, whatever. Even if we just learn he has a crazy high IQ & isn't challenged enough, or it's ADHD whatever.i can't tell you how many days many times Ina row I've dealt with Every single coat dumped to the floor of our coat closet (probably 30 between us) punishments & disciplines are ignored. I am just beside myself. Many times I want to cry but I don't even have the energy to.

Advertisement

E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #12
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

OP - we are having DS1 evaluated for ADHD and DS2 is very clingy. I can't even leave him in a church nursery. I hear ya. I can't imagine adding another.
We have the same thing too. DS1 is very smart and very active. The dr said he may have ADHD but he isn't comfortable enough saying he definitely does. And DS2 is super clingy. On top of it all I am going back to school to hopefully get my doctorate of pharmacy done. During the chemistry labs we work with chemicals that are harmful during pregnancy so we had to make sure I didn't end up pregnant. We have talked about later on down the road when the boys get older if we want more kids we will look into international adoption.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #13
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyandnick

We have the same thing too. DS1 is very smart and very active. The dr said he may have ADHD but he isn't comfortable enough saying he definitely does. And DS2 is super clingy. On top of it all I am going back to school to hopefully get my doctorate of pharmacy done. During the chemistry labs we work with chemicals that are harmful during pregnancy so we had to make sure I didn't end up pregnant. We have talked about later on down the road when the boys get older if we want more kids we will look into international adoption.
I am mobile and can't double quote. I'm addressing this and OP's post just above. DS1 will be 5 at the end of April. We have been told it is likely he has ADHD but because of his age, no one is comfortable to dx him. I found a child therapist who specializes in 0-5 to see him. Play therapy is an option to help. We have a center for it. They have help for the parents too. He's been in a full 5 day pre-k program this school year. We both needed it. He is so smart and sweet but he is always in trouble. He hurts others (throwing, hitting, pushing) and doesn't listen. He does things he knows he shouldn't. It's all on impulse. I can actually see a difference between him and his brother. His brother learns things better. Behavior wise. At 16 months, I can read him a whole book. DS1 just got there at 3. DS1 is also very, very smart. He's very cunning and picks things up fast. Disciplining and consequences do not work. We need help. It took me 4 months to find this dr. I finally called my ins co and asked.

Get help. I wish we'd done it sooner. He is miserable too. He's always in trouble and just can't help it. It breaks my heart. It's stressful on all of us. There is help when they are little and the therapist on the phone told me that the sooner, the better. If y'all are interested on follow up, I can tell you what comes of Monday.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #14
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

I am mobile and can't double quote. I'm addressing this and OP's post just above. DS1 will be 5 at the end of April. We have been told it is likely he has ADHD but because of his age, no one is comfortable to dx him. I found a child therapist who specializes in 0-5 to see him. Play therapy is an option to help. We have a center for it. They have help for the parents too. He's been in a full 5 day pre-k program this school year. We both needed it. He is so smart and sweet but he is always in trouble. He hurts others (throwing, hitting, pushing) and doesn't listen. He does things he knows he shouldn't. It's all on impulse. I can actually see a difference between him and his brother. His brother learns things better. Behavior wise. At 16 months, I can read him a whole book. DS1 just got there at 3. DS1 is also very, very smart. He's very cunning and picks things up fast. Disciplining and consequences do not work. We need help. It took me 4 months to find this dr. I finally called my ins co and asked.

Get help. I wish we'd done it sooner. He is miserable too. He's always in trouble and just can't help it. It breaks my heart. It's stressful on all of us. There is help when they are little and the therapist on the phone told me that the sooner, the better. If y'all are interested on follow up, I can tell you what comes of Monday.
DS1 did see a child therapist. At his 3 year check his pediatrician said if he had problems in preschool we may want to make an appt for an evaluation. We called and scheduled an appt for october. He had a little trouble settling into school and listening to his teacher, but nothing major. The dr said since he was doing good in school and not in too much trouble at home that he didn't think he needed therapy unless we wanted to put him in it. DS1 just has a LOT of energy and when he is excited or getting sick is very difficult. He doesn't like to hold still at all. Parents at his preschool have to be teacher helpers in the class and all of the boys in his class seem to have a lot of energy. The girls are the only ones who seem to be able to hold still. Lol.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #15
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyandnick

DS1 did see a child therapist. At his 3 year check his pediatrician said if he had problems in preschool we may want to make an appt for an evaluation. We called and scheduled an appt for october. He had a little trouble settling into school and listening to his teacher, but nothing major. The dr said since he was doing good in school and not in too much trouble at home that he didn't think he needed therapy unless we wanted to put him in it. DS1 just has a LOT of energy and when he is excited or getting sick is very difficult. He doesn't like to hold still at all. Parents at his preschool have to be teacher helpers in the class and all of the boys in his class seem to have a lot of energy. The girls are the only ones who seem to be able to hold still. Lol.
Ah. That isn't like my DS1. I mean he has a butt ton of extra energy and can't sit still but there is so much more.

We totally hijacked the thread, OP. Sorry. but I can understand your need and desire to be done. I wanted to point out in my first post that there are also emotional side effects to it as well.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #16
nana2peach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please tell me about your tubals!

Sorry to be the odd man out,but my tubal caused my periods to be HORRIFIC.
I had c-sections. I had to take shots to avoid miscarrying my 3rd. I had no reserves left for carry baby and had to take shots of vitamins to replete my body. It was a VERY hard pregnancy. I had a 1 & 3 yr old to take care of and DS2 was like the ones ya are talking about.
I had tubes tied because Dr said he refused to deliver another baby and I would have to go to high risk Dr. He described uterine rupture and the odds of the baby surviving was nil to none and the odds of the mother dyeing from the blood loss was almost 100%. Scared me to think that I would be responsible for killing my baby and leave my children motherless. I agreed to have the tubal.
I nursed DD for almost a year, then period started... Oh true horrific pain.
After 3 years of having a period every 14 days and bleeding for 10 days in a row with 4 days inbetween the end and beginning of cycles my iron was gone.
I would wear a super plus tampon and an overnight pad and the first 6-7 days, I would fill both up to leaking within 15-20 minutes. I would sit with my back against the sink cabinet, throwing up in toilet because the pain was so bad, for days, having no energy to move. This went on for a year and new ob/gyn said I needed a hysterectomy.

My sister had a tubal 12 years after me and her periods were the same as mine, bleed super heavy for 10-14 days in a row, off a week and start for another 10-14 days of heavy bleeding. The only thing that stopped her bleeding, like me, was a hysterectomy.

We both had super light periods for 3 days of regular blood flow, then a couple days of light discharge. My gyn said he sees this kind of bleeding after a tubal quite often.

Just thought is tell you how ours were. If I had to do it again, there is NO way I would have had a tubal.
nana2peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #17
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Ah. That isn't like my DS1. I mean he has a butt ton of extra energy and can't sit still but there is so much more.

We totally hijacked the thread, OP. Sorry. but I can understand your need and desire to be done. I wanted to point out in my first post that there are also emotional side effects to it as well.
No problems mamas!! he is crazy active (he's had melatonin to sleep since 18 months & I'm trying to take him off). He acts on impulse more often than not, and just makes me want to pull my hair & both DH & I run away. Lol- it's not always like this, but multiple times a day. I feel for him- dealing with his actions is so so tiring I can't imagine how he feels. But dH doesn't want to label him. Anyways- I had the appt & cancelled- then a few weeks later he changed & said to make it. I was like WTH we'll just wait after all that. He's apparently doing great in PreK. I know it's a combo of home/jealous/boredom- but if I try to give him an activity after he's hit the wall he won't do it & we're in for a "great" day.
E-2.1.14
Old 03-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #18
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana2peach
I had c-sections. I had to take shots to avoid miscarrying my 3rd. I had no reserves left for carry baby and had to take shots of vitamins to replete my body. It was a VERY hard pregnancy. I had a 1 & 3 yr old to take care of and DS2 was like the ones ya are talking about.
I had tubes tied because Dr said he refused to deliver another baby and I would have to go to high risk Dr. He described uterine rupture and the odds of the baby surviving was nil to none and the odds of the mother dyeing from the blood loss was almost 100%. Scared me to think that I would be responsible for killing my baby and leave my children motherless. I agreed to have the tubal.
After 3 years of having a period every 14 days and bleeding for 10 days in a row with 4 days inbetween the end and beginning of cycles my iron was gone.
I would wear a super plus tampon and an overnight pad and the first 6-7 days, I would fill both up to leaking within 15-20 minutes. I would sit with my back against the sink cabinet, throwing up in toilet because the pain was so bad, for days, having no energy to move. This went on for a year and new ob/gyn said I needed a hysterectomy.

My sister had a tubal 12 years after me and her periods were the same as mine, bleed super heavy for 10-14 days in a row, off a week and start for another 10-14 days of heavy bleeding. The only thing that stopped her bleeding, like me, was a hysterectomy.

We both had super light periods for 3 days of regular blood flow, then a couple days of light discharge. My gyn said he sees this kind of bleeding after a tubal quite often.

Just thought is tell you how ours were. If I had to do it again, there is NO way I would have had a tubal.
Ugh- I'm so sorry you had to deal with that!! That is horrible. :/ I know every surgery has its risks & I certainly wouldn't want something like that.. Gah. I am in between a rock & a hard place. I can bare another child with no issues... It's just that my mental & physical health have seriously gone down hill. I'm just exhausted & have the hardest time focusing on a daily basis. Even my vision is effected... I had blood tests & they checked cholesterol, sugars, thyroid, blood cells & everything was fine. I do NOT feel fine. So at this point I can only assume huge lack of sleep for the past two years combined with constant stress & pray to God I'm not missing something more serious. :/
E-2.1.14
Old 03-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please tell me about your tubals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana2peach View Post

Yes, this has been my tubal experience. HORRIBLE. I would never recommend it.

I've had 3 c sections, the first 2 were emergency and the last was scheduled, so I opted to have the tubal then. Almost immediately, I felt MUCH more pain than normal. Its been 21 months since my tubal, and I spend half the month bleeding. I'm now anemic, where I have never had a problem with iron in my entire life. The cramps are HORRIFIC... the first 2 days of my period, I can't do a thing except pop pain reliever and lay down. My DH has missed at least one day of work a month because of this.

I have such a heavy period, I can soak through a super plus tampon in half an hour. Its gotten so bad, I can't even use tampons anymore, because they are so expensive when you are changing them every half hour. I literally have to set an alarm and change an overnight pad at about 3am, otherwise I will wake up with my bed looking like the ending of a horror film. My period lasts a week, and then for another week, it flip flops between spotting and random clots and spurts of blood. I really only have one week a month that I'm not spotting or passing anything. It was NEVER like this before - I had a 4 day period, not terribly heavy and so regular, you could set your watch by it!

I now have facial hair sprouting up in random places... I'm only 28!! I honestly have not felt like my normal self, since I had the tubal. I get night sweats, and I feel "off" most of the time.

And to top it all off - I got pregnant last year, but lost the pregnancy at about 7 weeks.

PLEASE PLEASE research Tubal Syndrome before you decide. I had someone tell me about it, and I rolled my eyes and blew them off because I'd heard so many people that had no problem. I'm really wishing I had listened now, because I'm absolutely miserable
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #20
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy

Yes, this has been my tubal experience. HORRIBLE. I would never recommend it.

I've had 3 c sections, the first 2 were emergency and the last was scheduled, so I opted to have the tubal then. Almost immediately, I felt MUCH more pain than normal. Its been 21 months since my tubal, and I spend half the month bleeding. I'm now anemic, where I have never had a problem with iron in my entire life. The cramps are HORRIFIC... the first 2 days of my period, I can't do a thing except pop pain reliever and lay down. My DH has missed at least one day of work a month because of this.

I have such a heavy period, I can soak through a super plus tampon in half an hour. Its gotten so bad, I can't even use tampons anymore, because they are so expensive when you are changing them every half hour. I literally have to set an alarm and change an overnight pad at about 3am, otherwise I will wake up with my bed looking like the ending of a horror film. My period lasts a week, and then for another week, it flip flops between spotting and random clots and spurts of blood. I really only have one week a month that I'm not spotting or passing anything. It was NEVER like this before - I had a 4 day period, not terribly heavy and so regular, you could set your watch by it!

I now have facial hair sprouting up in random places... I'm only 28!! I honestly have not felt like my normal self, since I had the tubal. I get night sweats, and I feel "off" most of the time.

And to top it all off - I got pregnant last year, but lost the pregnancy at about 7 weeks.

PLEASE PLEASE research Tubal Syndrome before you decide. I had someone tell me about it, and I rolled my eyes and blew them off because I'd heard so many people that had no problem. I'm really wishing I had listened now, because I'm absolutely miserable
:/ so sorry mama. Thank you for sharing your story. These are definitely making me think twice about tubals & vasectomies... I just don't know what I can do. Tmi but quite often the condoms come off inside! And I just cannot do hormonal Bc. Plus the idea of having a foreign object in my body really is not appealing so I am just at a loss as to what we can do here... I guess the lady comp & abstaining seems like our best option...
E-2.1.14