Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Diaper Covers

What is your favorite diaper cover?
What is the trimmest diaper cover you have tried?
The best at preventing blow outs?

(I'm especially interested in your recommendations for the newborn size!)

Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper Covers

Newborn and all sizes Bummis Super Brite for Sized
Newborn+ Thirsties duo wrap

Covers are all trim. It mostly depends on what you are going to put in it. If you want a narrow crotch -- that probably won't work with many fitteds -- and I don't prefer narrow crotch with trifold prefold either (though some do)

I do like the GroVia Ai2 system for trimness and narrow crotch.

I see you poking around here alot with questions. I am thinking about #2 and I have decided to try to focus on TRIM this time around (especially for older ages)

my plan for newborn is nb prefolds (mostly snappied) and inserts (hemp mostly) in covers. Mostly the thirties but 1 or 2 bummis just in case my newborn is smaller than my first and a capri to try out (i hear they don't fit as young). I also plan to have a handful of AIO and fitteds just because.

For small size I am going to continue with the thristies covers and infant prefolds. Add in gDiapers with for out and about (again hemp or hand made cotton inserts).

After small I will start using an AI2 system, probably one that can last until the end. I am thinking of just using Capri covers will there deep flaps with hemp inserts as the AI2 system. I liked systems that snap in, but I think their flaps will keep the inserts from moving and I like that I can choose my own insrerts and have a variety. they will be used at daycare as well.

good luck
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 03-16-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I figured most covers would be trim! I think the GroVia for narrow crotch looks great, but then I get hung up on the covers not looking truly reusable with that mesh and me being so superficial over design (I love the mod flowers, but looks like that design is discontinued lol).

I do have a lot of questions this time. I haven't cloth diapered in YEARS. I loved the system I used before, but I want more diversity this time an I'm more concerned with a trim fit than I was in the past. I am thinking I will mostly use the prefolds I used last time and flats. I also want to use a couple insert systems (flip and softbums), and then I'll have a small collection of pockets for sitters.

I want to use mostly capri covers, but looks like if I did that I'll need different covers for the newborn stage. I used g-diapers in the past (if you couldn't tell) and they are super trim! I found those plastic insert things on them annoying though and don't want to use them again.

Good luck to you also, and thanks for answering my questions!
Old 03-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
GroVias fit my son perfectly , I also like Best Bottoms even though they fit a little smaller and they're not very stretchy. Both are cut a little narrower than Flips and Thirsties, which I also like... for a trim fit I put a Thirsties Hemp insert (not the prefold) or a Flip Organic that I converted to a contour. But if we're just at home I pop a prefold in the first cover I can reach and off he goes!
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had no issues re-using the grovia covers but I also am not as germ conscious as some. I would almost always switch between 2 covers to give the other a chance to dry. It is also ready and change time, vrs taking a inserts out and adding it back in with a baby on the changin table. I really did like grovia except for the aplix. That and they have gotten more expensive are the only reason I'm not using them again. In fact I would probably would be willing if they were exp (knowing I have to replace velcro at least every year paying those prices, ug. -- i hear people who like snaps don't have any issues).
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 03-16-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote