Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2006, 07:18 AM   #31
Dsunny1
Registered Users

Re: Those with older kids in carseats/boosters...

You are Welcome! I just got a job at a hospital visiting new mother's before their babies are discharged to give them car seat info and show them how to properly harness their babies. I will also get paid when I participate in hospital organized car seat checks. I am so excited! Just had to share with another CPST as my friends just laugh when I talk about car seats.. kind of like "here she goes again" LOL They don't have kids yet..

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #32
stellar225
Registered Users

My Mood:

Here it's 4'9". When my son outgrew his convertible we decided to get a Britax Husky. He's tall and skinny, so he definitely wasn't ready for a regular booster, but the height restrictions on all the other seats were only an inch more than his height at the time! We wanted him in a 5-pt harness longer, so we scraped up the bucks for a Husky. It is SUCH an awesome seat...well worth it. People like to make comments about what a monster it is, etc., but Jakob loves his seat and knows if he's in a vehicle, he must be in his seat.

Recently he went to a friend's birthday party in a town about 15mins away. They drove all the kids home in their van without any kind of boosters/carseats -- all the kids were 4-5 years old. We decided to be the fuddy-duds and told them to call us when the party was over so we could just pick up J.

My FIL is the Medical Examiner for our county and has seen some really sad things -- I don't want to be one of them, even if we get mocked, you know?

While we're on this topic, either of you techs have a recommendation for a good booster? This fall my daughter's carseat hits its 5-year mark, so she will get the Husky. I'd love a Britax but I don't know if it's going to be possible.

In summary to the OP: stay strong, mama! You're doing a good thing.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #33
Dsunny1
Registered Users

The Britax Parkway is highly recommended. I also have a Recaro young sport, that becomes a booster, the Recaro young style is just a booster and is very nice also.