Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
dorajoan
Registered Users
seller

Help me sleep again!

My dd has generally been a good sleeper, but now at almost 10 months, she is really throwing me for a loop. We moved her into another room about a month ago and it was great! I was putting her down early (5:30- 6:30) and she would sleep 12-13 hours and wake only once to nurse. Problem is she would wake and not be nursed or rocked down, but be hyper and chatty and want to play. Granted now I think she may be teething or fighting the cold I have, but she wakes up a ton and will NOT go back to sleep. Letting her cry a bit doesn't work because she stands up and can't get back down and gets super worked up. Sometimes she just starts screaming and when I come in and pick her up she is hysterical and inconsolable, trying to climb up me with her feet, fighting me away...is this a night terror? It is very unlike her. Other times she wakes up and when we get her no matter what we do she just will Not go back to sleep. I want to enforce that it's sleep time not play time, but I just don't know what to do barring letting her scream all night. I would chalk it up to teething or something but honestly most of the time when she wakes up she is super cheerful and hyper. Annoyingly so. She only screams if we put her back in her crib. in our arms shes happy as can be. Any advice? Thanks!

Advertisement

dorajoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
evamyster88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me sleep again!

Could she be going to sleep too early?
Old 03-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
dorajoan
Registered Users
seller

I guess so...I keep hearing that earlier is better and sleep begets sleep, though. Plus she was doing well with te early bedtime at first...
Old 03-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

9 month sleep regression

http://www.babysleepsite.com/tag/9-m...ep-regression/

http://www.askmoxie.org/2008/03/talk-about-the.html

good luck! completely normal, unfortunately!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
Kay+Dave
Registered Users

Maybe she is going down too early, so when she wakes up its like she's waking up from a nap and is ready to play? Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS1 did this for a while. It seemed like we would get a good sleep schedule going and then he would wake up in the middle of the night. Then we'd get him back on a good schedule and he'd wake up at like 6am, then it was not being tired until really late. Often times I think their sleep is disrupted when they learn a new skill or are on the verge of learning it. Hopefully it will pass soon, and nap if you can!

Check out my IHA/ISO: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post16697295
MaterofJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

All four of my kids have done that right around 9-10 months too. I read once that when they're learning to crawl/walk/talk, they wake up so excited about these new skills, they just want to practice.
It's so annoying, I know. It will pass though. Just keep the environment as non-stimulating as possible. Lights low, quiet voices, no TV, etc. It might take a month but she'll eventually realize that she's not missing anything fun happening at 3 am and hopefully go back to sleep easily again.
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

Just wanted to express sympathy. This describes my first kid! It's super stressful. But I think stick to early bedtime. Later bedtime won't keep them from waking up. And it's the waking up that's the problem.

I have had some success with my other two... When they woke at 10/11, I'd let them cry for a few minutes, if they went back to sleep they'd sleep all the way through, but if I got them up and fed them they'd wake several more times???? Dunno why. May not work for you, (wouldn't with my first) cause baby may just cry forever. We had the same problem with standing and not being able to lay back down!
I'm an accidental hippie who loves BFing, CDing, Milkshakes, and Jesus.
momnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
dorajoan
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone! You've given me hope that things will get better eventually!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

My son is 11 months old and has had a routine to go to bed at 7 PM every night. He never really woke up, woke up. He would night nurse sleepily even if I had to flip him boob to boob to keep him down. The all of a sudden he began night waking and wanting to play.

I began putting him down a bit later and he does not wake any more to play.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote