Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thoughts Needed... With pictures

I recently started a a FB page and seem to be doubting that i'll ever get any sales. They are made with Acrylic but could be made with cotton or wool and could also have yarn eyes instead of safety eyes.

Here is one of the most recent items i listed for sale.... and it's still for sale
I had it listed for $15.76 to account for pp fees and shipping was gonna be extra but would be exact shipping.

Here are a few other items i've knit before

I was thinking a monster like this guy for roughly $21.91

and one like this guy would go for roughly $10.61 includes pp fees but shipping would be extra it would be exact shipping

Do my prices seem fair ? I feel like they are fair.

I'm not sure what else to do to gain more interest and get actual sales. I did 1 giveaway on my fb page and the winner should get the item tomorrow so i'm sure that will help some.

Advertisement

Last edited by DustysSweety03; 03-18-2013 at 02:42 PM.
DustysSweety03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thoughts Needed... With pictures

I can't say for price because since I knit I probably wouldn't buy but I have some ideas. Your bottom two pictures are too cluttered, to much non toy stuff in there. Also, it may help to "stage" the picture with the toy in a cute pose. Also, maybe giving them a name and a little back story on likes and dislikes might help.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
First work on getting some great pictures. Named and a little story always show that you gAve the listing thought I think. Also, and this one is big IMO, make the price a flat price, even numbers that have shipping already included. I hate nothing more than getting everything in my cart and then being shocked by the shipping price. It ends it me not ordering 99% of the time. People like to know what their total will be up front so just work it into your price.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree with less cluttered pics. Also sizes/ dimentions should be added. I personally think the prices are high for not including shipping and being knit with acryllic yarn.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree w/all the PP's... I think they are ADORABLE, but the pix need to be tweaked & include shipping... I also have NOT bought something 99% of the time because of insane shipping...they shouldn't cost a lot to ship... oh, & I think making the prices a # that isn't so odd is better too... it's psychological, I know, but for some reason the pricing just seems odd to me... & I know you did it because of PP fees.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
Chickadee & Me
Registered Users
Formerly: Scifisarah
seller

My Mood:

Where are you selling them and how are you advertising? Are people coming to your page and then not buying, or is your page just not being seen? I agree that the photos should be improved. Maybe check out what some other sellers of stuffed toys on Etsy are doing for inspirations? I think they would look cute with their long arms wrapped around a heart of some sort that could include your shop name/info.

Chickadee & Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for the suggestions . The pictures were cluttered because they were previously knit and i wasn't taking pictures to sell them at the time. Thanks for the suggestion to add shipping to the price, and to lower the price some.