Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Can't belt in the car seat in the Sienna! Help!

First off, not a car seat novice, so all the obvious things we've thought of

We can't get the seat belt through our britax frontier in our toyota sienna. We're stuck on where else it could go (5 car seats in the van). It's for an over 40lbs child who needs the harness (special needs) but he's hit the weight limit for the latches.

We have 1 or 2 seats he could sit in, both have the same belt length. He can't get into the back seat, and he can't sit next to the baby because he grabs and pulls so he's got to have someone in between him (so it's 2 marathons and a frontier in the middle row of the van).

The belt isn't long enough! Yes, the seat is all the way back. Any thoughts or help?

Advertisement

Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller

Are you trying the lbp or the short? Have you tried another seating position? My old Acuras seatbelts were never long enough to do the lbp so I just had to wait until the child was over 40lbs,
Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can't belt in the car seat in the Sienna! Help!

Try short belt path. Using short belt path, it isn't any bigger than any other FF seat.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

have u tried the short bealt path way? there r 2 ways to put the sealt belt in. the long path way & the short path way. i cnt use the long belt path way for my the belts to short but the short belt way works w/ plenty of slack.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

nope, he just tried the LBP!

Okay, thank you ladies so much!!!!!!!
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

How much more seatbelt do you need? If it's just an inch or two, then two people and some extra muscle/maneuvering might help (that is, if the short belt path doesn't solve your problem). Good luck!
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

he got it! He read the instructions and (this is the first belt install for this particular seat) and thought he had to do the LBP

oops!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

awsome! glad u guys got it too work for u.