Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #11
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: March Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycling Babies View Post
My midwife costs $3,400. That is for prenatal at her office and a homebirth and 3 postnatal visits. $1,200-$1,800 sounds really low, but I guess it depends on where you live? I am sorry you are stressed about birthing plans. I hope you will be able to find the funds to get the homebirth you want.

It really, really sucks that the majority of OBs are so against natural birth. It drives me crazy. I had to transfer with the birth of my first, and thank goodness the one local pro-natural OB was on call. He let me deliver vaginally. I was so scared about ending up with a c-section. Baby girl number 2 was a successful homebirth, so I am hoping an praying baby #3 is the same.
We don't have the maternity rider on our insurance, so if I end up having to transfer to the hospital we will be stuck with a huge bill.

I am 8 weeks today. All day nausea and fatigue started three weeks ago and I am so over it already. Ugh. Counting the weeks till the end of the first trimester when things usually get better for me.
The low price is from a Lay-midwife, not a CPM. Homebirths with a midwife are not legal here in KY. The MW I talked to, the $4000 one, is a licensed CPM in TN. That's her standard going rate. Covers typical prenatal care, getting access to a 3D ultrasound machine (we could do diagnostic, but i will have to bill it to my health insurance and it will be VERY expensive, because I have a $3000 MOP ($6000 for the family!), and I think 3 postnatals, 1 at home, 2 at her office.

And yes, it does suck about the OBs. Heck, our hospital sucks. Even if an OB says oh yeah, ill allow it - the hospital policy ends up blocking it. Like going without an IV or using the shower as alternative pain relief. PLUS... the delivery rooms are literally the size of my closet... granted I have a very large walk in closet... The delivery rooms at the hospital I had my DD's in was HUGE. Like.. 18x24. Then the recovery rooms were two 12x16 rooms - one with a bed and sofa and bathroom for dad and the other bed and bathroom for mom! SO NICE! But....That was in a town 3 hours away. The local hospitals here - - the rooms are like 9 or 10 foot wide... the 1st birth I doula'd here in one of those rooms - I was freaking out! There was NO walking room for all the furniture and tray tables, etc. - they wouldn't let us move them out and they wouldn't let mom out of the room to walk! It was insane!

I talked to the other midwife a friend thought would come to me, but she's not taking clients right now. She was suppose to email me contact info for someone else she thought would take me, but... she hasn't emailed me back and it's driving me INSANE!

In the mean time... drove 20 miles to town today for a cheeseburger, because everything in our house makes me want to vomit, especially roast beef and pasta, and forgot to eat, went in kmart and spent $100 instead. I'm completely losing my mind.... Because after that I went and spent $500 on DH a recliner. So, that would bring the MW fund to $2000. Stupid move on my part. But boy is this chair comfortable.

Advertisement

Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We are moving to self insured plan. HR guy said that means we will have ultimate latitude about what gets covered/included. Hoping that means I can talk them into covering homebirths. Seriously considering it, but cost was a major factor with prior kids ($1400 for hospital birth with insurance or $4000 for homebirth).

Haven't announced at work, but going to talk to HR and see if we can make it happen.

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #13
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so frustrated with my OB. I had my first appt today. Dr does an ultrasound, found there isn't a hb yet. Of course I am freaking out but then I realized that of course he isn't going to see one. He used an abdominal ultrasound. You can't see jack with those this early on. I am supposed to follow up in a week but I am so tempted to just go elsewhere.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #14
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller

Can it be the first yet? 5 more days till I get to see baby bean again
Old 03-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had some pink discharge today which has me freaking out, I read it is normal but I didn't have any with the other 2 so I am worrying.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #16
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjslater1
I had some pink discharge today which has me freaking out, I read it is normal but I didn't have any with the other 2 so I am worrying.
Try not too freak out. I had bleeding with 1 out of 6 pregnancies. He turned out just fine.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #17
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've spotted some too. Oh and I feel a tiny bit nausea here and there... at only 4.5 weeks thats crazy. I wonder if its in my mind.

Anyone else wondering if there could possibly be twins in there?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 03-27-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #18
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s
I've spotted some too. Oh and I feel a tiny bit nausea here and there... at only 4.5 weeks thats crazy. I wonder if its in my mind.

Anyone else wondering if there could possibly be twins in there?
Me! Me!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #19
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats you guys on finding midwives even without insurance helping. We are probably going to goto the birth center... though with the hour drive I might at least consider home birth a bit more. Insurance covers the birth center.. not sure about the home birth.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #20
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I spotted with both my boys! Try not to worry too much mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjslater1 View Post