Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #21
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: March Chat

I wonder this a lot. There are 4 sets of twins on my side so this is a big possibility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Anyone else wondering if there could possibly be twins in there?

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 04:01 AM   #22
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When we were trying for DS my MIL insisted that the identical twins in her family are on the paternal side and skip a generation. She is a twin so she thought that DS would have identical twins. it's pretty far fetched because identical twins are not hereditary and twins are maternal anyway. how can she pass on a paternal gene?.. Confused... But its an interesting though.

The only twins I am aware of in my family are my maternal grandmothers sisters. Not sure of the type of twin though. So maybe not crazy likely but yet I still thought it might happen to us...
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 03-28-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #23
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been having dreams we're having twins! LOL. I scheduled my first appt. with a local OB for the 5th at 10:30. He's just gonna do an u/s for me to make sure my dates correct. I meet with the midwife I've chosen April 9th at her home about an hour and a half away. She has to interview us to decide if she will take me as a client. She still hasn't told me her fee, but I figure it'll be the same $4k or less. She's an Amish lay midwife.

In the mean time, I've gained 2 lbs and feel huge. I need to hit the water hard, I think I'm just retaining cuz I'm dehydrated . . . Anxiously waiting to use my fetal doppler. Nauseous as ever. blah blah blah.
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #24
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My water intake has sky rocketed. I can't go more than 5 minutes without a drink.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Old 03-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #25
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
After planning for this baby for 6 months I feel like I'm still just waiting to be "really" pregnant. To be able to announce it, to hear the heartbeat, to see an ultrasound, to buy clothes and baby gear and diapers... I feel like all I can do right now is clear out our spare room and that is no fun at all! But I really need to get started while I'm not sick :/ I got pretty bad MS with #1 from 8-16 weeks. I also need to pick a doctor or midwife and set an appointment! I'm just too indecisive.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #26
themaelane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck411 View Post
I've been having dreams we're having twins! LOL. I scheduled my first appt. with a local OB for the 5th at 10:30. He's just gonna do an u/s for me to make sure my dates correct. I meet with the midwife I've chosen April 9th at her home about an hour and a half away. She has to interview us to decide if she will take me as a client. She still hasn't told me her fee, but I figure it'll be the same $4k or less. She's an Amish lay midwife.
That's a smart idea to get an ob to check and still use a midwife. I wonder if that's common?

I'm staying with my mom helping her out (she had surgery) and I fessed up and told her I was pregnant. We weren't going to tell this early but I felt too sneaky!
ISO: NB covers/fitteds, flats, wool, 'big sister' stuff for a 4YO girl.
themaelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:28 AM   #27
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've pretty much decided to tell my family at Easter. It's just them and my brother for Easter. We are only 5 weeks, but I like to tell in person and they are an hour away so it make since to just get it over with. My husband insists we tell his family soon after so it will probably be at 6 or 7 weeks.

I think its hardest with my 3 year old. We don't want him telling everyone so DH and I have to be cryptic or wait until he is in bed. Our extended family will have to do the same.

mamatoclaire - We share a due date! It doesn't feel real to me either. I hope telling people this weekend will help. I assume I have a u/s with my first 9 week appt and that will help too. I still remember seeing my son as a peanut.

Last edited by Pixi6s; 03-29-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:28 AM   #28
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dup

Last edited by Pixi6s; 03-29-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #29
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire View Post
After planning for this baby for 6 months I feel like I'm still just waiting to be "really" pregnant. To be able to announce it, to hear the heartbeat, to see an ultrasound, to buy clothes and baby gear and diapers... I feel like all I can do right now is clear out our spare room and that is no fun at all! But I really need to get started while I'm not sick :/ I got pretty bad MS with #1 from 8-16 weeks. I also need to pick a doctor or midwife and set an appointment! I'm just too indecisive.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Totally feel ya! I don't feel really pregnant, despite the MS, til I see, hear, or feel something! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaelane View Post
That's a smart idea to get an ob to check and still use a midwife. I wonder if that's common?

I'm staying with my mom helping her out (she had surgery) and I fessed up and told her I was pregnant. We weren't going to tell this early but I felt too sneaky!
My girls were 41 weekers, so I wanna be sure of my EDD, so I don't get knocked out of my homebirth just because I had my dates a week off. Plus I wanna make sure everything checks out (heartbeat, placenta positions, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
We've pretty much decided to tell my family at Easter. It's just them and my brother for Easter. We are only 5 weeks, but I like to tell in person and they are an hour away so it make since to just get it over with. My husband insists we tell his family soon after so it will probably be at 6 or 7 weeks.

I think its hardest with my 3 year old. We don't want him telling everyone so DH and I have to be cryptic or wait until he is in bed. Our extended family will have to do the same.

mamatoclaire - We share a due date! It doesn't feel real to me either. I hope telling people this weekend will help. I assume I have a u/s with my first 9 week appt and that will help too. I still remember seeing my son as a peanut.
I'm dying to tell our 3 year old, since she's been demanding a baby for months, but I know as soon as I do, the whole world will know! lol. Hoping I can bring home an u/s photo next Friday and reveal, provided everything is a-ok. I'm still nervous.
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #30
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ug I can't believe I feel crappy already a day before 5 weeks. Just achy and not right. I'm washing my maternity pants right now cause I am going to be in them soon - mildly crampy belly does not like my current pants. I think the pregnant body prefers the me that slept 9 hours minimum every night vrs the now me that is lucky to get 5-6 hours straight.