Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Ocean4Me
Registered Users
Formerly: ***ach

Storch-Leo or Stripes?

Help me decide!I want soft..something that will last forever.I like stripes because of the colors but have heard great things about Leos.Help?

Advertisement

Ocean4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
saturn
Registered Users

Re: Storch-Leo or Stripes?

Are you planning to buy new, or used?
Storch stripes need a fair amount of breaking in before they get nice and floppy. Leos don't take as long. If you are buying a used one that's already broken in, stripes should be fine.
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
Ocean4Me
Registered Users

new..just once!it's my first and I want the experience of breaking it in I have a 5 year old to help.

I've heard some wraps described as buttery...will either Storch ever get that way?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
saturn
Registered Users

I don't know about "buttery", but a leo can get pretty soft. Broken in stripes feels more like well-worn blue jeans (I haven't personally owned either one, but I've felt several since I've been considering them myself).
If you don't have much experience wrapping, you'd probably have an easier time learning with a leo. That said, I really think you should get something that you think is attractive - your wrap should make you feel fabulous! If the stripes is what appeals to you, then go with it; just be aware that it won't feel soft right away. Since it will be your only wrap it will probably see a lot of use and that will help soften it up.
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
eflannery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LEO!

I have a natural Leo and it is sooooo soft I just love it. It's not a fancy color but I tend to go neutral so that it matches everything.

But really, either stripes or Leo will be a nice, soft, STRONG wrap.

Mama to Regan Louise Born July 5, 2007
and Quinn Annmarie : Born March 30th, 2013
Baby #3 expected to arrive June 14th, 2015!
eflannery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
Ocean4Me
Registered Users

ugh..STILL undecided.Now,I'm even wondering if I should stick with Storch..I think my problem with deciding is the fact that I"m going to be spending about $100 on a piece of fabric.I like Anna,Leo Bordeaux and Leo Marine the best....If I don't pick soon,I'm not going to have enough time to break in either one!!

I like the looks of Giras but I've heard such mixed things...
Old 03-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
Nativemama
Registered Users

Go for the Leo!
I have a Storch Leo, a Storch Ulli, and a Storch Inka (as well as 2 Ellaroos a Diddy Indio and a Natibaby Japan). My Leo is the softest and most used of them all, followed by my Indio. My "baby" is now 3 and I don't carry her very often, but she will still pull out "her" Leo and snuggle herself up in it - very sweet! I love that SHE loves it so much. Lots of snuggly memories there. I will eventually pass along the others, but I can't ever part with Leo!
Mine was a natural, but was gradient dyed so it was a purple at the top and faded down to a medium pink at the bottom. You could get a natural and dye it (or have it dyed) if you want more color.
Nativemama is offline   Reply With Quote