Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #11
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wooly mamas??

Quote:
Originally Posted by epanouie View Post
I use cotton diapers and wool covers exclusively...my DD completely quit getting rashes after we switched from PUL to wool!

I have 20 covers (soakers/shorties/longies/wraps) for all stages newborn to toddler...about seven are one-size wraps, about three each are sized. I love them all and never have "run out" of covers even with sickness poo..nuff said. She's a toddler now so I always use Disana at night; totally bulletproof!
I am glad to hear that! I was thinking about getting 2 disana pull ons for my DS because right now, we have one soaker that kind of fits him.

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #12
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP

I am glad to hear that! I was thinking about getting 2 disana pull ons for my DS because right now, we have one soaker that kind of fits him.
I so love disana because they are an amazing value (affordable, high quality, super flexible and bulletproof!). Disana was my first wool purchase years ago, at the recommendation of the GMD site. I like to buy from abbyslane.com because she has free shipping, great selection and the best prices (last time I bought, anyway!).
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #13
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I so love disana because they are an amazing value (affordable, high quality, super flexible and bulletproof!). Disana was my first wool purchase years ago, at the recommendation of the GMD site. I like to buy from abbyslane.com because she has free shipping, great selection and the best prices (last time I bought, anyway!).
Thanks! =)
Old 03-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #14
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I was looking at those! Glad to know they are all that they say they should be.

I have some wool. Not as much as I would like. I think I might have a few covers still too that are in decent shape (PUL covers). I really need to start digging out this stuff. Maybe this weekend. The bad part of having children nearly 5 years apart is you forget what you have. I have the room in DS closet to take things out, so I guess it is time.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #15
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Over the yrs I have bought and sold various longies/shorties/soakers, but I never have known what they were or by who. Right now I have some girly soakers, great for summer bc they are so thin. I have some upcycled wool too. I bought a bunch of wool sweaters that I still need to convert as well. I won't be buying anything for this baby. I have some wool yarn that I got off here a while ago and need to knit up.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #16
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7 View Post
i have a few wool covers but would really like some shorties/longies. I might buy a pair in xsmall and small for now.... I just really can't gauge how big this baby will be. Our DD was only 6.4 at 12days past her DD and so I am assuming this baby won't be more than 7 1/2 pounds but ya never know....

what are your fav brands?? i love the way the sbish/wild coconut wear ones feel... but BFF little guy wears them all the time and they are so super soft.
This is why I'm thinking a soaker sack ! My smallest lo was 6.4lb and my biggest was 7.14lbs. I figure I can fit any nb into a sack and call it good. Plus if I knit it I can frog it later and reuse the yarn.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #17
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I am kicking the idea around but not real sure if I am or not. DH does not like the idea but we will see. I thought if I found some that arre cheap to try I might.
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #18
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
This is why I'm thinking a soaker sack ! My smallest lo was 6.4lb and my biggest was 7.14lbs. I figure I can fit any nb into a sack and call it good. Plus if I knit it I can frog it later and reuse the yarn.
My 10lb baby fit into NB longies for 2-3 weeks. Just fyi =)
Old 03-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #19
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP

My 10lb baby fit into NB longies for 2-3 weeks. Just fyi =)
Good info! I'll contribute: all of mine (7 lb range) last more like 4-6 weeks
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #20
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I couldn't believe how small my 10lb baby actually was. I knew he'd be big (8-9lb) and we didn't buy any NB jammies or anything and the 0-3s were flopping off of his feet and huge.