Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
amberdawn723
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Repeated vaginal bleeding in 6 year old

My 6 year old daughter is having spotting on her panties....
Her story goes back to Oct 25th, last year when I was called by her kindergarten teacher saying that she was complaining of bleeding down there. Long story short, she had fresh (red) blood along her genital area where the skin touches and some blood on her panties. She also had pink tinged tp when she wiped later that day.

She was seen by her doctor the following day. There was no more bleeding at this point. Urine test came back with WBC's so she was put on antibiotics for possible UTI.
No further blood was seen again.

She was seen again by her doctor on Nov 7th to recheck her urine....which showed protein and blood (which I suspect was from a contaminated urine sample). Doc said she would send urine off for cultures and call me if there was still an infection present. There was not.
That evening Nov 7th, again she had a small amount of blood on her panties.
She went back to see her doctor again and we eventually had a consult with a gynecologist.
On Dec 11, she had a pelvic exam while under anesthesia and a pelvic ultrasound. No bleeding or source of bleeding was found. Everything appeared normal. Gynecologist suggested that it was probably a foreign body (like tp) that had been trapped in the vagina and has since been flushed out on its own. I accepted this and tried to stop worrying.

No more bleeding occurred after Nov 7th.
That is, until last night (March 18). My daughter had blood stains on her panties and notified her grandmother (she was staying the night there). Grandma help make sure she wiped good (there was pink tinge) and put her in clean panties for the night. The following morning (today) she had blood stains on her panties again. When I arrived at her home to pick up my daughter, she told me all of this and showed me the underwear. So here we are again. What the heck is going on? It is too late to call the doctor, so I will call in the morning to make an appointment.

Does anyone have experience with something like this? My daughter was 5 when this started, she turned 6 in December. She has almost always been at the top of the percentiles for height and weight (and is very much over 97% for both currently). I don't think she has any axillary or pubic hair, and I can't really tell about breast development. To me she looks normal just a little overweight and tall for her age. The bleeding has always been just light spotting for a short period of time.

Any ideas what this could be? I'm thinking it must be hormonal or something since the ultrasound and pelvic exam appeared normal back in December. TIA

Advertisement

Gwendolyn (due 7-6-15)
amberdawn723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

I taught a first grader who had her period. She was put on birth control (in arm) so it stopped. She had an over active pituitary gland.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
I don't have any idea but wanted to offer hugs. I hope you get an answer soon! Is she complaining of any pain?
Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

I would think hormonal as well. Could you do a blood levels test? If it were my daughter, I would work on cutting out soy as it is an estrogenic as well.

I hope you find the answer.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
amberdawn723
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Repeated vaginal bleeding in 6 year old

She doesn't complain of any pain thankfully.
I'm hoping the doctor will do blood tests this time and maybe send us to an endocrinologist since I think that would be the best kind of doctor for this issue.
Gwendolyn (due 7-6-15)
Old 03-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Go to an endocronologist. She needs a full hormonal workup.

It could also be labial adheshions. If the labia (inner) stuck together then rip apart (riding bike, doing splits etc) it will bleed. Then it takes a while for them to re-adhere. She may have split them again.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm so sorry mama...this has to be so hard for you. No BTDT, but praying you get some answers
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #8
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Other than what has already been mentioned here, the only things I can think of might be a tearing hymen or adhesions of some sort or maybe some not so gentle self love. I am guessing these things were ruled out by examination already though.

My little sister had issues with recurring yeast infections since birth and had to see a pediatric gyno and undergo a pelvic exam under general. I know that it greatly distressed my mother.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #9
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hope you get a referral soon. Sounds hormonal to me too.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
amberdawn723
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies...

The hymen appeared normal and intact at the exams. And there is no labial adhesion, no external signs of redness, irritation, or anything of that kind.

Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough. I'm sitting here googling the heck of everything again just like I was back in October and November. Hate not knowing what is going on.....Incredibly worried that it could be a tumor or something. She doesn't really have the signs of precocious puberty....or the cafe au lait spots & bone problems that come with McCune Albright Syndrome....
Gwendolyn (due 7-6-15)