Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Baby songs

Anyone chosen a song for baby ? Ea of my lo's have their own song that I sing to them. Dd1's is a song that my mom sang to me, it's a tune from an old Kodak commercial. Dd2 is three little birds - bob marley. DS is baby mine from dumbo. (Where his mama rocks him in her trunk )

Advertisement

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 03-21-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think I have a song for this one. I'm a big Beatles fan and heard it on AI tonight - I will. Still going to keep looking though.

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 03-21-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby songs

DS gets a lot of songs but the one we always come back to is "Little Black Raincloud" from Winnie the Pooh. It reminds me of childhood and has a nice sing-song sound to it. It just came to me one day. So if something else strikes me for this baby we might change.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My triplets were Wonderful World (rather fitting considering what became of them). I still cry everytime I hear it. Emily (one of the triplets) later got anything sung by Karen Carpenter (she died shortly after Christmas so I will always attach this song to her). Again fitting. Alexander (the other triplet to make it to the NICU) got Healing Hands by Elton John. Alex was born with his eyes fused shut (common for his gestation) and he opened them for the first time while I was touching him. He so wanted to see his mommy! Anyway, the next day we were listening to Elton John and this song came on. There is a line in the song that says "There's a light, where the darkness ends
Touch me now and let me see again". It seemed fitting for him. In less then a week later he was gone.

With Maximillian we were were struggling with finding names. I mean, after you have triplets you are done right? Well there was a commercial on at the time that had the song "Relax Max" by Dinah Washington. I loved the song! Shortly there after we came up with the name Maximillian. So when Max was VERY active in me (which was fairly often) I would sing that to him. When he came out I would sing him a slow version of Allee Galloo from Music Together. I had went through the whole Music Together collection when I was a nanny, so I knew it well. He still will not let me sing that to him as it would ALWAYS put him to sleep.

Nathaniel has yet to have a song that is just his. I have been trying to work on it, and at first I thought it was going to be a Paul McCartney or John Lennon song, but now I am not sure. I think it is harder for me because I do have his younger big brother to focus on a lot. Before I was alone and just a housewife.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww- those are great songs! I just love the idea of each lo having a special song for themselves. Something the other child doesn't have. I do sing them all sometimes to one child though.