Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2006, 09:03 PM   #11
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:
Re: CRAPPY! My fleece is worse after stripping. HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa70
Well.... I went out and bought some dawn, its the original blue stuff but it says ultra concentrated! They didnt have any non concentrated at all.

I am a little worried now, because its REALLY foaming up in there! Its going to take me a zillion washed to get that foam out of there!

I also got some regular SUN to keep up with for regular washings, if I can ever get this taken care of, that is!

I am so stressed! I have a cup of tension tamer tea brewing now.

DH isnt much help, he is convinced that this is the end of our diapers and that we will have to go back to sposies! Even he likes the cloth and is disapointed.
How much Dawn did you use? I have never used dawn.. never had buildup so am not much help here.. what I do need to know to further help is HOW you determined that your diapers are repelling.. what did you do or how did you find out? I am sorry I did not reply to your IM.. I have been gone since 730 am and JUST got home.. so have not been here! Let me know and I will do my best to help.. I am gonna be gone for another hour or more here in a few min.. trying desperatly to get stuff done before my trip!!!

Hold on mama.. don't give up yet.. we will work it out!

Advertisement

Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 PM   #12
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzi Fannies Creations
How much Dawn did you use? I have never used dawn.. never had buildup so am not much help here.. what I do need to know to further help is HOW you determined that your diapers are repelling.. what did you do or how did you find out? I am sorry I did not reply to your IM.. I have been gone since 730 am and JUST got home.. so have not been here! Let me know and I will do my best to help.. I am gonna be gone for another hour or more here in a few min.. trying desperatly to get stuff done before my trip!!!

Hold on mama.. don't give up yet.. we will work it out!
Your such a sweetie, thank you so much!

I was at Target yesterday and was trying on swim suits (which did not go well! LOL!) and since I was in the fitting room I decided to change the little one and when I took off her dipe I saw that she had balls of pee just sitting there, not soaking in. I thought it was so wierd! It was a new diaper too, only washed and worn a couple times (one of my favorite ff's to be exact!)
so I didnt think it could be buildup, but like I said I bought some sun just in case, to keep up washing once this gets fixed.

Anyway, when I got home I took a syringe and started dropping water on everything, I swear Celeste thought I was crazy. It turns out about 1/3 of our diapers were repelling, but I threw them all in to try and strip just in case. Now after that 1st stripping attempt they ALL repell! UGG!

I added one tablespoon of dawn, thats all. I am on my second wash in hot after the initial soap load, so we'll see what happens (fingers crossed, and STRESSED!LOL!)
Old 06-16-2006, 09:29 PM   #13
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

The ultra concentrated Dawn will still work, you'll just want to use a little less. As long as you are rinsing until there are no more bubbles, you shouldn't have any problems.

I use Sun detergent to wash my dipes and I LOVE it!!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:30 PM   #14
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I think Ajax was probably your problem. I've never seen Ajax recommended for stripping. I always use the ultra concentrated Dawn, I don't measure I just squirt some in. It works well. I also use Simple green and washing soda, which helps too.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:41 PM   #15
aliks
Registered Users
seller

I once had to run my diapers on hot about 10 times when I was using too much detergent. I've learned my lesson after that!
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:58 AM   #16
bbjbryner
Registered Users

My Mood:

This stuff has saved me (and my diapers)! It's RLR Laundry Treatment and they come in little balls like the little kid toy dispensers at the front of stores. http://www.jensco.com/thekitchendrawer/cleaning_utility/laundry_help/laundryhelp60.html

I can find it in the laundry aisle (or sometimes the napkin/trash bag aisle for some reason!) just on a little hanging display at Wal-Mart. Other grocery stores have it too. Just throw one of these balls in with your dipes and normal amount of detergent you normally use and it just sucks out all of the stuff that's ruining the fleece or suedecloth. I've recommended it to a lot of people and we all love it. Good luck!

BTW, Dawn never did a darn thing for me!
Old 06-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #17
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ill have to try those little laundry balls!

The dawn did nothing. I was up until 2 am washing diapers and got them out of the dryer this am and they STILL repell!

This is so frustrating. My dd has been in sposies since last night!