Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #11
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM

Wow. that is awesome! I used to sell a lot, but never did that well on clothes. Is that profit after ebay and paypal fees, income taxes, etc? Maybe I should try again!
Not the person you were asking but we don't only sell clothes. Clothes typically is not where the money is at, but there is money to be made on clothes. You just have to know which ones and it's not most children's clothes.

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #12
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

Re: Flipping Clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
Not the person you were asking but we don't only sell clothes. Clothes typically is not where the money is at, but there is money to be made on clothes. You just have to know which ones and it's not most children's clothes.
Ah, okay. I did children's clothes for while, because they don't take up much space, and I was shopping for my kids, so it was easy. I moved to other things and made much more money, but the items were much more bulky as well. Half my basement was full! There is a ton of money to be made if you find the right thing. I remember selling Cascade Plastic Booster for the dishwasher. Bought them for $2 a tube and sold packs of 10 for $150. It was great!

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #13
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM

Ah, okay. I did children's clothes for while, because they don't take up much space, and I was shopping for my kids, so it was easy. I moved to other things and made much more money, but the items were much more bulky as well. Half my basement was full! There is a ton of money to be made if you find the right thing. I remember selling Cascade Plastic Booster for the dishwasher. Bought them for $2 a tube and sold packs of 10 for $150. It was great!
There are some kids clothes worth your money and time, but adult clothes (when you find the right ones) are more profitable, and then those random things like you speak of. I've been doing it over a year now and in 2012 after all was said and done i averaged $900 profit a month. Summer months are higher for me bc I have more time to shop (teacher), and the rest of the year slower but that was my average. The more I list, the more I sale. Keeping over 100 items at all times equals sales daily.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #14
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedBranches View Post

Which blogs do you read? I'm thinking of starting to do this too, but I've had mixed luck on ebay. Our Goodwill has $1 tag days on Sundays, so that's when I go deal hunting.
Yardsalemommy, mysecretebaydiary, thesellingsisters are all good ones. I also only do buy it now. If your item isnt HOT, think Toms, designer jeans, truly collectable vintage item, etc, I find that I sell much higher at buy it now. I used to do best offer but rarely now because people love to offer lowball which is annoying! The dicy thing about auctions is that if you are not adept at choosing the right category, keywords, order of words in the title, heck, even a spelling mistake can RUIN your auction and the item can sell way too low. which is just a waste. Also, do not over charge on shipping! Buyers do not like that. Be fair on shipping.and ask a bit more for your item. If.its kids small clothing youre selling, lightweight stuff, get a little scale and some poly mailers off of ebay. They are sooo cheap and you can offer 1st class shipping up to 13 ounces. And if its heavier you can often use a padded flat rate envelope which are free delivered to your door from usps. Those are $5 to ship and clothing wise a lot can fit in them. You can also build feedback by listing recipes and emailing them (penny auctions). I list all listings as 30 day buy it now, and I pay for the $16 basic ebay store.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #15
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post

Wss and 5princess mommy got me selling again when I hadn't been selling much since 2003, (used to buy bulk from china and sell) I read a post of hers here and started scouting out my thrift stores and boom! :-)
Old 03-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #16
homeschoolkitty
Registered Users
seller

Re: Flipping Clothes?

I just read on https://moneysavingmom.com/ she mentions buying Gimboree cloths on "super" sale for her kids, her kids outgrow them, then ebaying/craiglisting for even more than what she bought them.
Tip: she said to buy sets, like the onesie the coveralls and socks, or the dress, tights, hair thiguie....

She also said not to buy the matching items if they are not on super sale.

MY PROBLEM.....

I don't know when Gymboree has their semianual sales.... anyone?
homeschoolkitty is offline   Reply With Quote