Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
Soon2Bpinay
Registered Users

Cloth diapering in humid weather?

Hi! My family is going to be moving from the US to the Philippines later this year. I was looking into selling my prefold fitted diapers because electricity is not always reliable and it is very very humid.... so trying to dry the prefold fitteds doesn't seem like the best option.

Just wondering which you parents cloth diaper in humid climates? If so which diapers work best?

Advertisement

Soon2Bpinay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth diapering in humid weather?

I live in Thailand...very humid. We use flats and covers...specifically, Econobum one size covers with Osocozy unbleached flats. They work beautifully from birth to potty training, and dry faster than any other option since both are thin. I wash every day so that we don't get stink/mold/mildew, but I do have a machine. I did hand wash for two weeks once, though, and it was no problem. I hope this helps!
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:40 AM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

my pocket parts dry pretty fast in iowa hot and humid summers.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
chette
Registered Users

CDs are very popular here in Manila right now, especially pockets. Local WAHMs are also becoming common in bazaars. I think you'll still do well.
chette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:52 PM   #5
Md2b
Registered Users

Dominica here. Similar climate. We use 4dozen prefolds and they are a pain to dry. We handwash and sometimes have to dry in the house. The diapers dry stiff so I iron them or use a t shirt scrap to reduce abrasion. We have some flats but I find them to be as difficult to wash.
Md2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:09 AM   #6
Lindobebe
Registered Users
seller

I live in Bolivia and used pockets with tri-folds on my baby boy as thats the only diapers I had taken with me from the states and did't find anything other then flats in Bolivia. But now that I am in the states (came so my Mom could deliver my little girl she is a midwife) I am buying up lots of different kinds of cloth diapers to try out and having so much fun with them.
Lindobebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:12 AM   #7
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would do flats and covers or pocket shells. Both are easy to wash by hand if you need to, and dry quickly and if you line dry they are not as stiff like prefolds or fitteds.

My fitteds take forever to dry if I hang them outside in our hot humid summers.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:50 AM   #8
bbammu
Registered Users

I'm in Hong Kong, where the climate is similar to the Philippines. I line dry all laundry and found that flats and pocket diapers dry the fastest. I have some fitted diapers and while I really like them, they take 1.5-2 days to dry when it's very humid. Sometimes I have to dry laundry with the dehumidifer on.
bbammu is offline   Reply With Quote