Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #111
homebirthmom's Avatar
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,939
My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ 3/22-4/5

you only want to use soy or estrogen based supplements PRIOR to o. after O, it can interfere with pregnancy as you need high progesterone not estrogen.

hubby is turning 38 this month. im on a rollercoaster of stress over so many things including the recent losses. it makes it really hard to NOT try the next few months. I really want to avoid a Dec and Jan birth (since I have 2 kids w birthdays then already) and its not fun for parties, etc. id prefer to wait to have a due date of late Feb or March anytime.
yet my O is coming and that feeling of "wanting" is strong. somehow I have to get over it. whats 60 days? LOL and

Advertisement

__________________
unassisted, homebirthin mom Had I not birthed children into the world and become a mother... I would not know true love, laughter or insanity.

Last edited by homebirthmom; 04-02-2013 at 09:21 AM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #112
mkbdvm's Avatar
mkbdvm
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,802
My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ 3/22-4/5

Hi, can I join, please?

I haven't been on DS in ages. My name is Melissa. I'm going to be 38 in 2 days. I have a 3 1/2 and 6 1/2 year old DD. I was only going to have two kids. DH is 42. I gave away all my baby stuff, CD's, baby carriers, etc. Then on Saturday, I joked with DH that I want another kid and he said ok.

I have not had huge struggles with TTC in the past, but I know fertility is fleeting, I'm not young so I have no idea what kind of obsticles lie before me.

On top of it all, I have no idea where I am in my cycle. I was on BC pills (low estrogen) and was supposed to start again sunday (of course ,I didn't) but I always get my cycle mid way on the 2nd week of the pills. I think this cycle is a wash since I am JUST off the pills and my period was March 16th.

I just started charting mid cycle and using OPK sticks a few days ago. Negative so far.

Sorry for the long intro! Hi everyone!
__________________
Melissa (39 7/8) partner to my amazing DW, momma to two wild child girls Isabella (9/06), Daniela (10/09) and currently due with a little boy Nov 2015!. I have 3 fur babies as well!
mkbdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #113
tedcgh's Avatar
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom
you only want to use soy or estrogen based supplements PRIOR to o. after O, it can interfere with pregnancy as you need high progesterone not estrogen.

hubby is turning 38 this month. im on a rollercoaster of stress over so many things including the recent losses. it makes it really hard to NOT try the next few months. I really want to avoid a Dec and Jan birth (since I have 2 kids w birthdays then already) and its not fun for parties, etc. id prefer to wait to have a due date of late Feb or March anytime.
yet my O is coming and that feeling of "wanting" is strong. somehow I have to get over it. whats 60 days? LOL and
I am in the same place. This month we were going to TTA with the back to back losses and wanting to avoid December, but I just couldn't. After more than a year wanting this I just couldn't completely TTA. Sorry it has been so rough.
__________________
Tiffany Wife to Charlie(5/31/03) Proud Mommy to Maylee(11/19/07) and Aven(10/27/10) Cautiously expecting our Rainbow in March
tedcgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #114
tedcgh's Avatar
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbdvm
Hi, can I join, please?

I haven't been on DS in ages. My name is Melissa. I'm going to be 38 in 2 days. I have a 3 1/2 and 6 1/2 year old DD. I was only going to have two kids. DH is 42. I gave away all my baby stuff, CD's, baby carriers, etc. Then on Saturday, I joked with DH that I want another kid and he said ok.

I have not had huge struggles with TTC in the past, but I know fertility is fleeting, I'm not young so I have no idea what kind of obsticles lie before me.

On top of it all, I have no idea where I am in my cycle. I was on BC pills (low estrogen) and was supposed to start again sunday (of course ,I didn't) but I always get my cycle mid way on the 2nd week of the pills. I think this cycle is a wash since I am JUST off the pills and my period was March 16th.

I just started charting mid cycle and using OPK sticks a few days ago. Negative so far.

Sorry for the long intro! Hi everyone!
Welcome to the group. What a fun surprise. Hopefully your journey to a BFP will be short. Happy early birthday too.
__________________
Tiffany Wife to Charlie(5/31/03) Proud Mommy to Maylee(11/19/07) and Aven(10/27/10) Cautiously expecting our Rainbow in March
tedcgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #115
mkbdvm's Avatar
mkbdvm
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,802
My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ 3/22-4/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
Welcome to the group. What a fun surprise. Hopefully your journey to a BFP will be short. Happy early birthday too.
Thanks!
__________________
Melissa (39 7/8) partner to my amazing DW, momma to two wild child girls Isabella (9/06), Daniela (10/09) and currently due with a little boy Nov 2015!. I have 3 fur babies as well!
mkbdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #116
fishingfor5's Avatar
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 1,547
My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ 3/22-4/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
In terms of the soy isoflavones--I didn't use them, as it didn't make any sense for me, I was already in treatment w/ an RE. I have heard of using it to get a bfp, but I've also seen some posts here (I can't remember which forum) about quitting soy isoflavones b/c it can interfere w/ fertility. IDK which is correct, but maybe do some research. In terms of egg quality, I think there's some research out there (I've read some abstracts from one of the REs at my office), indicating that supplements, including Omega 3-6-9, CoQ10, magnesium, b-complexes, and others that I can't remember off the top of my head, as well as some really specific dietary recommendations can help support egg quality and regular ovulation for improved fertility.
I wish they would put up info on what you can take while breastfeeding. I would like to take the Coq10 and the Fertilaid but don't know if they can be safely used while breastfeeding.....ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post

hubby is turning 38 this month. im on a rollercoaster of stress over so many things including the recent losses. it makes it really hard to NOT try the next few months. I really want to avoid a Dec and Jan birth (since I have 2 kids w birthdays then already) and its not fun for parties, etc. id prefer to wait to have a due date of late Feb or March anytime.
yet my O is coming and that feeling of "wanting" is strong. somehow I have to get over it. whats 60 days? LOL and


Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
I am in the same place. This month we were going to TTA with the back to back losses and wanting to avoid December, but I just couldn't. After more than a year wanting this I just couldn't completely TTA. Sorry it has been so rough.
This for me too. With being older I am now fine with whenever I can have a THB. Ideally I wanted an April or September baby.....BUT I will take Dec, Jan, Feb.....as long as I get to keep it!

So FF gave me crosshairs so I am 3dpo. Talked with doc about taking the vitamins with dd and she said it is fine! Yay! So I guess I will start my prometrium and the baby aspirin and see what happens in a week or so.
__________________
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #117
Farmer's Wife's Avatar
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada but have a P.O. in Washington!
Posts: 942
My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ 3/22-4/5

I just read this article and found it very encouraging and informative...
http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
__________________
Jill~Married the Love of My Life, Craig (03/27/10), Mama to Asher 01/07/11 & Esmé 04/15/12 & EDD 02/09/14
Farmer's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #118
haydn'smommy's Avatar
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,262
My Mood:
I am already taking coQ10, omega 3, extra folic acid, l-arginine, prenatal vitamin, and maca. I also take a baby aspirin daily because of history of atrial fib. I decided to give soy a try again. So i started it today and am doing it cd 4-8. I am going to pick up some opks and start using them around cd 9 or 10. And of course i'm still temping.
__________________
~Jaime~
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #119
NewbieSAHM's Avatar
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,469
Re: TTC 30+ 3/22-4/5



CD 1

It's just been a rough week overall. Trying to be hopeful about the next cycle, but I guess it doesn't hurt to be sad for a bit either.
__________________
Amber, wife of M, mom of L (3/08) and A (5/14).
NewbieSAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #120
812ajack's Avatar
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,549
Re: TTC 30+ 3/22-4/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieSAHM View Post


CD 1

It's just been a rough week overall. Trying to be hopeful about the next cycle, but I guess it doesn't hurt to be sad for a bit either.
Sorry mama
__________________
Happily Married 1- DS age 11 DD age 9 and DD age 7 DD age 5 and DD age 3 and DD age 2 and our newest little man born 1-15-15
812ajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.