Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
Barefoot'Nola_Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Diono radian rxt

What do you think? I'm looking for a convertible that I can use a while from NB on.. Any others to look into

Advertisement

Barefoot'Nola_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Look into the Graco headwise/mysize/size4me. It's easier to install and I think has a higher harness height.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaute_marquee
Look into the Graco headwise/mysize/size4me. It's easier to install and I think has a higher harness height.
I have both, used the graco one with a newbie up through toddler (she still uses it) and then got the radian bc it's trimmer and you're supposed to be able to fit three in a row.

To be honest - the graco feels like a better "fit" for a newborn (IMO). Other than that they seem pretty comparable to me. The only real functional difference I've notices is that the graco is a giant beast compared to the Diono. I've been able to fit the graco in the middle and two dionos on either side, but it's a right fit.

The graco was WAY less expensive, and easier to get the cover off to clean.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diono radian rxt

We just got a new Radian for DS3 and we're passing his down to Hiccup.
(we had the infant inserts for the Radian we have all ready, so we just got him the R100 cuz it was least $$!)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Diono radian rxt

The Graco Size4Me/MySize/Headwise just came out in the last couple of months and lots of people have had issues with getting the harness properly tightened. The average parent probably wouldn't notice that it wasn't tight enough but techs and car seat savvy parents have been noticing. Graco has bought back many seats and is still denying there is a problem. I think NHTSA will be investigating if they aren't already.

If you have enough front to back room in you back seat to achieve a newborn angle with a Radian, then go for it. Most cars are not big enough for that. I would look at the Chicco NextFit. It will fit a teeny newborn and will last a long time both rear and forward facing.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #6
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica-m View Post
The Graco Size4Me/MySize/Headwise just came out in the last couple of months and lots of people have had issues with getting the harness properly tightened. The average parent probably wouldn't notice that it wasn't tight enough but techs and car seat savvy parents have been noticing. Graco has bought back many seats and is still denying there is a problem. I think NHTSA will be investigating if they aren't already.

If you have enough front to back room in you back seat to achieve a newborn angle with a Radian, then go for it. Most cars are not big enough for that. I would look at the Chicco NextFit. It will fit a teeny newborn and will last a long time both rear and forward facing.
I've heard some people say that, but ours is fine. The only complaint I have is that the chest clip is too easy to move up and down. We have to reposition it every time we get him in the car. Oh, and I think they could have done without the cupholder. Ours is in a 3 across, and the stupid cupholder means there's only one position it can be in.