Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

workhorse + toddler HW @ night???

Anyone use XL GMD workhorse fitteds @ night with a heavy wetting toddler? Does it work? Do the get stinky with toddler pee?

Advertisement

crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: workhorse + toddler HW @ night???

well, I'm mere seconds from ordering them for daytime... but I can't imagine them working at night. (and I love everything about GMD. my diaper stash looks like I sell GMD.) If you still want a report in another week, I can test one for a nap really not sure I'm brave enough to try them overnight.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

no experiece with that size but I didn't find the GMD workhorse diapers at all assorbent they remain to this day the only diaper my DD can literly pee straight through.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
mfergy0625
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did!! I used them on both my 2yo and my 3yo at nights under a Disana wool cover or and Econobum cover. I just put a hemp doubler under the sewn in soaker and they worked great! One of the best night combos IMO.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Not for us. He would just wet right through those things even with doublers. We had no success until we switch to bamboo fleece.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
nikkic1999
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wouldn't even come close to working for us. We can only get an hour and a half during the day.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have used a workhorse overnight with a prefold laid in. It works...but I would use it as backup. Lately I've been using an Ecoposh overnight. Worth. Every. Penny.
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #8
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuartzandPyrite
I have used a workhorse overnight with a prefold laid in. It works...but I would use it as backup. Lately I've been using an Ecoposh overnight. Worth. Every. Penny.
I am so tempted to try those but do they run small? They are so expensive but the ecoposh trainers that we have, I love. They are super absorbent for a trainer IMO
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #9
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkic1999
Wouldn't even come close to working for us. We can only get an hour and a half during the day.
Agree. I dont use the xl so maybe they would work overnight......but we do use the browns, we change frequently. If we go out and DD has a massive pee, they will be totally soaked. The good thing is, when they do leak (which is verrrry rare), they only escape a tiny bit out the legs. When we used pockets, if we had a leak, it was usually disasterous..I guess from the compression? Idk. Anyway, I wouldnt use the workhorse at night just bc we cant stuff them as much as our sandys. If we overstuff the workhorse, they gape at the legs. The sandys can be massively stuffed lol.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 03-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy

I am so tempted to try those but do they run small? They are so expensive but the ecoposh trainers that we have, I love. They are super absorbent for a trainer IMO
The Ecoposh doesn't seem to run smaller than other diapers I have, the fit I am actually really pleased with...but because it's supposed to be one size without overlapping tabs I can see how chubbier babies would run out of waist snaps...
I've been thinking of putting the soaker in a pocket to see if it would work as well overnight, most nights the outer fabric of the fitted is barely damp! It's the 6R soaker in bamboo that comes with it, and I use both the newborn and OS snapped together. It took forever to prep but it is really workin for me! Maybe I'll give that a try tonight and report back- the soaker a la carte is only $12 at Nickis if you don't already have one lying around.
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote