Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Side sleeper nighttime failure

So I've been on the quest of a nighttime trainer for 8 months now. We started with the HH trainers, those actually worked but I really disliked them. GroVia/Antsy Pants style and they leaked out the top side when he slept on his side. Wasn't too surprised.

Now we are trying Bumwear (and 1 Snap EZ). I figured with the enclosed style it could hold it in similar to a pocket style. I thought it was working then last night we had a epic failure, the inserts were a tad damp from what I guess was an earlier pee, the FOE and the fleece on one side was fully damp, as were his PJs and sheet.

Since he sleep all directions I thought we were doing good, but I never know what direction he wet his trainer at night so I never know.

I was contemplating at 4am why these pocket trainers fail when the pocket diapers never failed. Best thought I can come up with is that his penis can fall to the side because there is more room, where the pocket diapers he was always pointing down (he naturally points down -- so helpful)... does that make since to you too?

So where to go from here. The motherese bedwetters I think would have absorbency on the side but I'd rather stay dry.

I was also thinking maybe getting a hemp flat or prefold from cotton babies or thirties and I could try and put some absorbency on the sides.. anyone think that is possible and/or help? i was going to experiment with a Med prefold I have here... won't be big enough but maybe I can get and idea if it'll work. Maybe using the bikini twist?

Do you think with some hemp absorbency on the sides that might stop leaking out?

My last thought is the bumwear snaps are on the hips where the Snap-EZ that is a similar style are a bit in the front. Maybe combined with absorbency on the sides that will work better because there is no edge to leak out of? Not as sure if this matters, since the leg hole FOE was just as soaked as the FOE around the snap crevasse.

Oh and I guess I can break down and get the HH trainers in the next size. They were just so overly poofy. the only reason i can see them working over the snap-ez is that there is no side snaps...)

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-15-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Tinkle Time Trainers from Ladder Hill or Rainshine Designs! There is specifically a night version.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
McDMom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII
Tinkle Time Trainers from Ladder Hill or Rainshine Designs! There is specifically a night version.
These are great. I like Superundies overnights even better.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Side sleeper nighttime failure

rainshine designs is not longer able to make tickle trainers. I contacted superundies about side sleepers specifically. thx
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
rainshine designs is not longer able to make tickle trainers. I contacted superundies about side sleepers specifically. thx
So did they specifically tell you that they weren't great for side sleepers?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
Love TTT! My 5.5 year old uses them stuffed with 2 flats and he has not had one leak (he seems to alternate between sleeping on his side and his tummy). They work so well I actually just ordered 2 pairs for my 3 year old to wear at night.

We did try Superundies for my son but they wicked/leaked really bad when he slept on his side.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would personally focus on daytime training and then just use whatever diapers work for you at night. Once fully day trained and going most nights without accidents, then I would just go to undies at night with a plastic sheet for easy cleaning in case of accident.