Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Babywearing a conversation starter?

Maybe it's because I don't live in a very crunchy area, but people around here are FASCINATED with DS being in the Moby. I've not heard anything negative aside from the question if it makes my back hurt. It's just kind of funny how many people have never heard of wearing a baby like this.

What about you all?

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Babywearing a conversation starter?

oh wow! If I had a dollar for every old person who said that baby wraps weren't around when they were younger, I would be rich!!! Haven't they always been around in some form?

I get comments and questions with all of the carriers that I have used, a maya wrap RS, a mama made mei tei, and now with the moby.

I was so excited the other day, when I had ds in the moby, and another woman recognized it and commented about how she had one...in teal, I think, mine is black.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
merebarb
Registered Users

Same thing happens to me....everyone around here drags around that big stupid car seat. That makes my back scream way more than the moby! Not to mention LO is much happier being worn!
merebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had my dd (5 weeks) in a moby at our older sons Kindergarden program and after the couple behind us said they thought it was really neat and were trying to figure out how I got it all wrapped up.

I then had her in the moby at the neighborhood cookie exchange and my neighbors were facinated since I un wrapped her and the fact I was nursing her as I walked in carrying my cookies.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm one of those people who didn't babywear (and wish I did) and now I always comment on it if I see someone doing it. But it is always positive like "Oh I love your wrap!!"

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It is funny because I got a lot of comments (especially when tossing the baby up on my back in the middle of the parking lot, that makes people jump) but it isn't like it is that uncommon here. Every day I see women walking to the laundromat with baby on their hip or back tied in a traditional Rebozo style carrier. I think it is the fact that I am not the same ethnicity as these other women and I was using a Mei Tai, not a piece of cloth or a Baby Bjorn that made me stick out. Now when I go grocery shopping almost every baby I see is being worn by either mom or dad in a Mei Tai or SSC but I think that is because I mostly shop at a Korean Market. You never see babies in shopping carts there unless they are over 3.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #7
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wore my ds in my sleepy wrap to the fireworks when he was little. I live in a non-crunchy area. I had a guy walk up to me and say "Is that supposed to wrap like that or do you just know how to tie a d**n blanket like that?" I giggled after he left.

All you see around here are crotch danglers.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #8
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I always get stopped if I'm wearing ds in my beco or my wrap......never in my ringsling weird.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #9
mama2faeriebebe
Registered Users

People ALWAYS stop me when I have a wrap or my Ergo on!
mama2faeriebebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #10
Jewels6708
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquelicot View Post
Maybe it's because I don't live in a very crunchy area, but people around here are FASCINATED with DS being in the Moby. I've not heard anything negative aside from the question if it makes my back hurt. It's just kind of funny how many people have never heard of wearing a baby like this.
Same for me!! The other day I was in the grocery store when my little man wanted up. One of the workers came up and stood so close to me that I literally had to wrap around her and make sure I didn't hit her while tightening my passes!! She was amazed because she hadn't seen any one wrap a child before. She did ask if it hurt my back but kept going on and on about how happy DS looked and how great of a thing babywearing is!
Jewels6708 is offline   Reply With Quote