Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
vivianCDer
Registered Users

Re: Nana's Bottoms or Bum-Ware AIO?

No stink issues at all! I use Rockin Green with my front loader. The Bum-ware are my daytime dipes. I've had my LO in them for 4 hours and still good, no leaks. I usually change him after 3 hours, he is not a crazy heavy wetter. I really like them, they make up most of my day stash. My LO is skinny and they are working out well.

Advertisement

vivianCDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #12
Ebeuchat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've tried both and like the nana's better. I feel they are more durable and the aplix is better.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #13
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeuchat View Post
I've tried both and like the nana's better. I feel they are more durable and the aplix is better.
Do you *really* like Nana's Bottoms or just like them better than Bum-Ware? Also, great to know that you like the NB aplix better than BW . . . very helpful!

Last edited by gbabies2; 03-24-2013 at 11:37 AM.
gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #14
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivianCDer View Post
No stink issues at all! I use Rockin Green with my front loader. The Bum-ware are my daytime dipes. I've had my LO in them for 4 hours and still good, no leaks. I usually change him after 3 hours, he is not a crazy heavy wetter. I really like them, they make up most of my day stash. My LO is skinny and they are working out well.
4 hours - that is a long time and great to know (if need be). Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #15
srbordenstein
Registered Users
seller

I haven't tried NB - she seems to have amazing reviews. I have a few bumware and like them, but I LOVE bumgenius. Seems like better quality PUL. I've had a few leaks with bumware and the pul sometimes feels moist to the touch. My girl is skinny, so I think she probably just needs to grow into them. My fave AIO's, in order, are:
1. BGE (day); freetimes (night)
2. Bottombumpers
3. Ragababe
4. Bumware
5. Simplex
srbordenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #16
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbordenstein View Post
I haven't tried NB - she seems to have amazing reviews. I have a few bumware and like them, but I LOVE bumgenius. Seems like better quality PUL. I've had a few leaks with bumware and the pul sometimes feels moist to the touch. My girl is skinny, so I think she probably just needs to grow into them. My fave AIO's, in order, are:
1. BGE (day); freetimes (night)
2. Bottombumpers
3. Ragababe
4. Bumware
5. Simplex
Thank you, this is super helpful as we have owned at one time or another, all of the diapers you listed *except* the Bumware and seeing where it ranks for you, makes me think maybe I would not love it
Old 03-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #17
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

I've used both extensively. When I first started cloth diapering, those two types compromised my entire stash. First of all, both have stellar aplix (really the best I've found... And I'm an aplix girl). The BMX are slightly trimmer on baby, but my daughter grew out of her BMX medium before the medium Nana's bottoms (probably because of the fuller fit). The BMX are microfiber and therefore dry pretty fast in the dryer or on a line. The Nana's Bottoms are customizable, so you can choose natural fibers if that's what you want, but mine take way longer to dry. The BMX are more expensive. I had mild stink issues with my Nana's Bottoms, but never with my BMX. Try to get your hands on a few gently used ones for a discounted price before buying a bunch new. They are both great diapers and have a huge following. Don't know what size you are looking for, but I have a few medium BMX left in FSOT.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
srbordenstein
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbabies2 View Post

Thank you, this is super helpful as we have owned at one time or another, all of the diapers you listed *except* the Bumware and seeing where it ranks for you, makes me think maybe I would not love it
Very welcome. And I agree that you should try them each if you can. I definitely don't want to throw bumware under the bus because I do like them, they just don't fit as well for us. I should also preface that my lo is only 3.5 months. I still have hope for them and they are in my top 5. Good luck! :-)
srbordenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #19
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster2012 View Post
I've used both extensively. When I first started cloth diapering, those two types compromised my entire stash. First of all, both have stellar aplix (really the best I've found... And I'm an aplix girl). The BMX are slightly trimmer on baby, but my daughter grew out of her BMX medium before the medium Nana's bottoms (probably because of the fuller fit). The BMX are microfiber and therefore dry pretty fast in the dryer or on a line. The Nana's Bottoms are customizable, so you can choose natural fibers if that's what you want, but mine take way longer to dry. The BMX are more expensive. I had mild stink issues with my Nana's Bottoms, but never with my BMX. Try to get your hands on a few gently used ones for a discounted price before buying a bunch new. They are both great diapers and have a huge following. Don't know what size you are looking for, but I have a few medium BMX left in FSOT.

Thank you, sooooo helpful! What inner did you have with your NB (I ask b/c of the mild stink issues)? Also, were you able to get the stink under control or was it an actual *issue*? And are you selling your BMX b/c you no longer like them or they no longer fit?
Old 03-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #20
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster2012 View Post
One more question . . . do you mind my asking, what other diapers do you like? And which have you liked better than your BW and NB?