Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Has anyone sold to Thred Up?

I just discovered them this weekend and am wondering how the process of sending/selling stuff to them goes? I have some new never worn cowboy boots I'd like to send but I"m worried that what if they don't accept them, I won't get them back? Do they only not accept stuff that is worn? I'm so super excited to receive my first order from them, and I can hardly wait to send stuff in and get credit to buy more, but I don't want to send expensive boots right off before I know the process works. But DS outgrew these boots while they sat in the closet and I forgot about them. Thoughts? Anyone BTDT?

Advertisement

Last edited by slimy72; 03-23-2013 at 03:49 PM.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Has anyone sold to Thred Up?

they are...alright. if you are looking to clear things out quickly & make a few bucks then go for it.

i just sent a ton of nwt gap, crazy 8, carter's & old navy & got $31. they are VERY picky about what they accept & you don't get it back.

but, this was gifted to me so i figured why not & got $31.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good to know. So maybe ill just send one pair of boots to start with and some clothes
Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
jrpbrown1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by threestraycats View Post
they are...alright. if you are looking to clear things out quickly & make a few bucks then go for it.
I totally agree, they are very picky. I sent in a nwot pair of crocs and they didn't take them.
jrpbrown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess the upside is that buying from them you will get great quality items.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by threestraycats

i just sent a ton of nwt gap, crazy 8, carter's & old navy & got $31. they are VERY picky about what they accept & you don't get it back.

but, this was gifted to me so i figured why not & got $31.
I don't get this. While they do have some cute stuff on there, some of it is SO dated and I am shocked they list it.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
megshmeg
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got probably 2/3 of my items I sent accepted. But I did get the feeling they were very picky, too. Some of the things I thought would get accepted for sure, didn't. It's slightly weird, in a way. Maybe those items had some tiny imperfection I didn't notice. I know they are very critical, and rightly so, because anything I have bought from there has been flawless. So I'd say if you think you can sell the item for a better price than what you'd get from ThredUp, try that first. Then if you're just on the verge of donating them anyway, might as well try ThredUp to see if you can get a few bucks.
megshmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

I won't sell to them again unless I have exhausted all my other options. I sent them a giant bag of stuff and only made $20. I mean the bag was FULL and it was all great quality items. One was NWT and they didn't take it. It really was frustrating to see how much they didn't take that I know was in great shape. I also think their items are fairly overpriced (especially for what they buy for). I feel like I can buy the same brands new for what they are listing them used. (However, I am a bargain shopper and buy ahead on great sales). I've only sold to them once but it left such a sour taste in my mouth I won't recommend them and will only use them again after I have tried every other option.
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:52 PM   #9
Dahlia64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpbrown1 View Post
I totally agree, they are very picky. I sent in a nwot pair of crocs and they didn't take them.
Well this is quite ridiculous! Ive looked thru their clothes before...I dont think they are great clothes. I think I would totally take a new pair of crocs over a ton of the stuff Ive seen on there!
Dahlia64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
Dahlia64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
I won't sell to them again unless I have exhausted all my other options. I sent them a giant bag of stuff and only made $20. I mean the bag was FULL and it was all great quality items. One was NWT and they didn't take it. It really was frustrating to see how much they didn't take that I know was in great shape. I also think their items are fairly overpriced (especially for what they buy for). I feel like I can buy the same brands new for what they are listing them used. (However, I am a bargain shopper and buy ahead on great sales). I've only sold to them once but it left such a sour taste in my mouth I won't recommend them and will only use them again after I have tried every other option.
I bet! I would be furious! I really miss the old facebook Thredup
Dahlia64 is offline   Reply With Quote