Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Nkmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Softbums troubleshooting

I want to like softbums. I hear so many good things about them. The omni pocket would be convenient for daycare and echo easy at home. The echo sems slim fitting....but I ordered one of each and just get frustrated with the adjusting slide system! Anyone else have this problem and then work through it and end up loving them? The other problem I have is that twice now baby has peed out. One time with the leg, my fault not adjusted right, but the other time was out the top side.....as the top seems loose but it is as tight as the snaps let it be for me!

Encouragement or suggestions? I guess I just had high expectations and haven't read negative comments on them so was surprised.

Advertisement

Nkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
There is a formula to use when setting the leg elastic that ensures a good fit. I think it's on the softbums blog. I have the link bookmarked on my computer but I'm on my phone. If you haven't found it by morning, ill link you to it
Old 03-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Softbums troubleshooting

http://loveclothdiapers.blogspot.com...-softbums.html
Old 03-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I never liked the snap version but I love the velcro version. Follow the tutorial for the leg adjustment formula & look up the troubleshooting videos on Youtube & you should be good to go.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Softbums troubleshooting

I'd check youtube. I want to like the slide adjustment system but I have't tried it yet. I think it sounds good in theory but I know I will have issues getting both leg holes the same and it will bother me.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
Mandan914
Registered Users
seller

I have a bunch of trouble shooting videos on my blog, here:

http://wherethewindblowsourfamilygoe...rials.html?m=1

We love our SoftBums!! I would say their is a week or so learning curve but once you get it your golden.
Some tips; waist tight, & legs looser than you think. Make sure the pods were prepped enough if bought new (3-5 times with hot water for dry touch and bamboo isn't fully prepped till 10 hot washes.)

Hope that helps if you need any more guidance check out the SoftBums Superfan group on Facebook, or email them directly they have super awesome customer service!

newborns, infants, toddler, nights during pting
www.softbums.com
Mandan914 is offline   Reply With Quote