Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
magoose
Registered Users

Grovia Prefolds

I tried doing a search to find my answer, but didn't come up with anything, so forgive me if this has been asked before. I miss using my prefolds (I only have the infant bummis ones) and I am very intrigued by Grovia's new prefolds. Are they worth the price? DS2 is 23lbs and 29", so kinda short and stocky. What size would fit him best...infant long? I really want to add some more prefolds into my stash, just for something different (I use mostly fitteds and flats with wool) but not sure if they'd be worth the investment. Reviews?

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The only reviews I've seen are on GroVias website, I really want to get some too but thinking if starting with a single 3-pack instead of splurging on a dozen. Interested to see if anyone is using them!
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Dearest Diapers
Registered Users

Re: Grovia Prefolds

They have been popular and the price is ok since it is a 3 pack
Old 03-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
Tclem75
Registered Users
seller

I use them in my pockets or covers and love them! They hold a ton!
Tclem75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoose View Post
I tried doing a search to find my answer, but didn't come up with anything, so forgive me if this has been asked before. I miss using my prefolds (I only have the infant bummis ones) and I am very intrigued by Grovia's new prefolds. Are they worth the price? DS2 is 23lbs and 29", so kinda short and stocky. What size would fit him best...infant long? I really want to add some more prefolds into my stash, just for something different (I use mostly fitteds and flats with wool) but not sure if they'd be worth the investment. Reviews?
are you wanting to snappi or pin or tri-fold in a cover?

If you want to pin I would go with the size 4, DS was a tester for size 3 and by 25 pounds I couldn't snappi it anymore... i LOVE these prefolds, and really want to get more of them, DS can make it overnight easily in the size 3 with one GroVia booster in a GroVia shell. they are super soft too, there were some threads here when they first came out...

the way I see it is that some stores don't do free shipping on prefolds, and some don't carry basic cotton prefolds of their own and DO include these in free shipping, sooo.... if you compare comparable sizes and shipping info from other bamboo prefolds, they really are a great price if you buy from someone who ships for free.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

What are the odds... I was coming here specifically to search for info on these! I am loving using prefolds in my pockets but need to think about getting the next size up and was wondering about ordering some of these try. Anyone using these to stuff BG 4.0's on the smallest rise?
AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
MamaBearof4
Registered Users

We use size 2 on the smallest Flip rise trifolded. They fit perfectly. They are super soft and work well for my dd. I was surprised at how much they shrunk. I probably would have started with a size 3 if I had realized how much they would shrink. My dd is 6 months old and weighs around 16lbs.
MamaBearof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
magoose
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
are you wanting to snappi or pin or tri-fold in a cover?

If you want to pin I would go with the size 4, DS was a tester for size 3 and by 25 pounds I couldn't snappi it anymore... i LOVE these prefolds, and really want to get more of them, DS can make it overnight easily in the size 3 with one GroVia booster in a GroVia shell. they are super soft too, there were some threads here when they first came out...

the way I see it is that some stores don't do free shipping on prefolds, and some don't carry basic cotton prefolds of their own and DO include these in free shipping, sooo.... if you compare comparable sizes and shipping info from other bamboo prefolds, they really are a great price if you buy from someone who ships for free.
I should have specified, yes, my intention is to snappi/pin. We can't do PUL covers anymore, so therefore no trifolding. I'll go with the bigger size then. I'd rather them be on the bigger side than too small. I'll have to see which stores in Canada carry them. IIRC, Grovia doesn't allow cross-border shipping
Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #9
nikkic1999
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I LOVE mine! But the size 4 is BIG. My son is almost three, 35 inches tall and about 35 pounds and the rise is too long on him. Another great alternative would be the Imagine bamboo prefolds. Those are just as buttery soft, but the sizing is a tad better and they are a better price point.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes we have the size 3 and I love them! We only pin though and they are such a great fit. DS2 is 23lbs and 6 months old.I think that once he starts crawling he will not be such a round little biscuit and these will last us hopefully to PLing.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote