Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #101
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 Chat ~ March 24-30

Not a low mark Jennifer, yay for 2 more weeks! Hope this baby surprises you and bakes a bit longer!

Scary Laura! T&P's everything goes well!

Yay for a harmless heart murmer Amber, and liberalizing Salt I'd love to liberalize salt LOL.

Sorry for the worrying news Katie Let us know if the OB has anything good to say!

-----
AFM, my kiddos got a vaccination 2 days ago and my youngest is having a reaction, poor kid can hardly walk her thigh is so swollen Stupid (oops not polio, DTap) vax.

If the Motrin gets the swelling down, we're off to the mall (an hour drive, yuck) to get some shoes for Z and maybe a preggo shirt and contacts for me. Fun stuff >.<

Advertisement

Last edited by Tris; 03-28-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #102
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Can I just give hugs all around?? I almost feel guilty that I have no health issues, and no pg worries. Until I joined DS I was really clueless about all that could go wrong/issues during pg. I'd only known a few pg ppl though at that point in my life. Plus the fact I've not had any problems in any of mine (so far). I hope that whatever you ladies are going through, you can either manage easily or get the answers you need. And I pray that every single pg is long and results in lots of healthy little babes for us all.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #103
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi Laura, welcome! I hope the next few months are totally uneventful for you and the babe!!

Tris, sorry your LO is having a reaction. DS ended up with a swollen thigh from a vax once, it was so huge I couldn't even get a diaper on him. I think it was a poorly administred shot, rather than a true reaction though. I was PISSED.

Amber, my fondest dream is to have a doc tell me to liberalize salt, lol.

AFM - our anatomy scan is tomorrow afternoon, I'm extra excited because this is my first u/s this pregnancy, I've never had to wait more than a few weeks after finding out I was pregnant before. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Oh, gotta run, DD seems to be eating fish food, I should probably stop her.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #104
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Tris - poor baby. I hope she feels better soon.

AFM - I woke up way late today, not a good start. I have a feeling that today is going to be one of those days. Hubby has been gone for two weeks and who knows when he will be home. I am just hoping that he will be here for Easter, I hate doing holidays without him.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #105
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thinking and praying for all you ladies who are sick or dealing with slow dr offices! Can't people be more considerate about how it feels to wait for important news?!

Just hanging in here. Nothing exciting really. Just getting big as a house already. One exciting thing tho, my best friend and family are headed down in 2 weeks to spend a week with us!! I can't wait
Old 03-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #106
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I finally borrowed my mom's sewing machine, and used it to make 3 NB sized prefolds from an old receiving blanket. They look pretty awful since it was my first time using a sewing machine, other than the quick tutorial my mom gave me the other day. Not to mention my 2yo decided to decorate them with pink and brown markers... But they look better than I would expect, considering the ordeal I went through trying to figure out what was wrong when the machine wasn't working right... Still can't figure out why the bobbin winding mechanism isn't working (despite the fact it worked just fine on Saturday when my mom showed me), and the directions are useless. Makes me want to get my own sewing machine that's in better shape. I'd like to try some fitteds, but I still need practice with sewing straight lines.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #107
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama View Post
So I finally borrowed my mom's sewing machine, and used it to make 3 NB sized prefolds from an old receiving blanket. They look pretty awful since it was my first time using a sewing machine, other than the quick tutorial my mom gave me the other day. Not to mention my 2yo decided to decorate them with pink and brown markers... But they look better than I would expect, considering the ordeal I went through trying to figure out what was wrong when the machine wasn't working right... Still can't figure out why the bobbin winding mechanism isn't working (despite the fact it worked just fine on Saturday when my mom showed me), and the directions are useless. Makes me want to get my own sewing machine that's in better shape. I'd like to try some fitteds, but I still need practice with sewing straight lines.
I tried sewing once and that was it. I have no talent for it.

AFM - I got my room deep cleaned!!!! It has been a long time coming and really need to be done. I am trying to get rid of as much stuff as possible to make room for the new baby. I talked to my oldest today about the room situation and told him that I was thinking on moving Thayer downstairs with him. I said I was sick of waking up between 1 - 3 in the morning only to find him downstairs still awake. He said he was fine with that and had no problems with it. He said it would be nice to have someone else downstairs with him. Maybe things will all work out after all.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #108
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok so I went and got contacts today. I know this is going to sound awful and flammable... I was told about $60 for the visit, plus another $60 for the contact part of the visit. I bought 4 boxes of contacts along with the visit fee, they never told me how much the contacts were. I payed $260 and assumed the contacts cost about 35 a box. I just got home and got an email that said they made a mistake and I owe them another $80, which I don't have, and wouldn't have spent that much in the first place. I'm a long hour drive away, its a trip I've taken once in the 6 months and don't plan on taking again for awhile, so returning a couple boxes (?) or something isn't a reasonable option. Do I owe them $$ or is it on them?
Old 03-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #109
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

well I think that is their mistake and they should eat the cost

and yes contacts usually cost about 65ish a box
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #110
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just got back from my OB appointment. I feel like I'm in a delimma. You'll see why as you read. Sorry it's a long read.

First off.....OB wants me to go back to the cardiologist since I'm occassionally still having chest pain and lots of fatigue. She did some blood work to make sure there isn't anything else that could explain it, but I feel pretty sure it's the heart problems. Not really happy that she wants me to go back to the same dr. that took 2 weeks to get the echo results to her office. As far as meds during pg, afterward, or during delivery she said she'd let the cardiologist make those calls.

Ok...now to why I'm a little upset. My sister went with me to my dr. appointment. She's pg with #6 and had an appoinment with her allergist around lunch time. She had no one to watch her kiddos and I had no one to watch mine, so we went with each other to each apointment to watch the kids. Everything was going fine until my appointment. DS has a seriously strong attachment to me, especially when he's sleepy. It was naptime (of course) and I go back for my u/s. He started screaming and my sister was left with her 5 kids and my 2 (7 total and 1 is screaming) and trying to do the best she could. A nurse came up to her and told her she needed to leave with DS because he was too loud. She is already on edge, uncomfortable because she's getting close to her due date and the baby is so low, no one to help her until I come back from my u/s, and they basiclly (not in these terms) told her to get out. They don't have a policy against bringing kids there. In fact, I've seen people bring in kids and they're basically climbing the walls, but as soon as DS starts crying for mama and is sleepy they tell her to get out. So, my sister loaded all 7 of the kids up in her conversion van and drove them around town until the younger ones went to sleep while I was at my appointment. She started crying and called her DH (who is with my DH on the hunting trip) and this gets my DH all upset because she's upset (all understandable). He calls me while I'm in the dr. office and wants me to mention it to the dr. I knew right off of the bat it wasn't going to make any difference.....I've had run in's with a few nurses up there before and nothing was done.

DH probably wouldn't have gotten upset (as I wouldn't have) if this was the first problem I'd ever had with my OB's office. Back in November I went in for my yearly appointment. The PA was to do it and while I'm waiting for her to come in I hear her and the nurse (which happens to be DH's best friends mom) talking outside the door to my exam room. The nurse told the PA that I wasn't on any bc (other than using condoms) and didn't want to be put on any. The PA then said, "Go ahead and get a Rx ready for some BC because I'm going to try to talk her into using them. She does not need to have any more kids right now." The PA didn't know I heard everything and I still refused to get the BC because I knew we might be trying again shortly after my appointment. People were comming and going by the door and anyone could have heard the conversation just like me. I wonder if any of that conversation was even ethical. Not long after I became pg this time I had a massive bleeding spell, went to the ER, and had to follow up with my OB's office the next day. Again, I had to see the PA. I made a comment that I couldn't understand why I started having this massive bleeding and there had been no "bleed spots" on the initial u/s...it just didn't make sense to me. She turned around and said, "I'm not suprised you're having trouble with this pregnancy since you've had all of your children so close together. You probably should have had more time between them." Even though what she said may be true, she didn't have to word it like that. It made it sound like if something happened to this baby that it would be my fault because I have had my children close in age!

So, because of what happened today and the prior problems I've had (not only with the PA, but also nurses that have made some random rude comments to me) Dh wants me to look for another OB to use now. Part of me agrees, but at the same time I'm honestly scared to go somewhere else half-way through my pg?! KWIM?! I really don't know what to do!!!