Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #21
BeastMasterMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 Chat ~ March 24-30

Jennifer-- I am diaper bag shopping, too... always just used an ll bean canvas tote, but since I don't need much in the way of "gear" this time around, I'm thinking I may get myself a nice diaper bag. Everyone please feel free to give me your recs!! I kinda like the skip*hop messenger bags they have at babiesrus.

Amber, hope your asthma is better! Sounds scary!

My big pregnancy problem is pants. I'm really tall, so finding pants is always an issue. I really only have 2 pair of maternity jeans that are long enough (I have a couple other pairs that I wear, but my inner middle-schooler is just waiting for someone to make fun of me for wearing pants that are too short... ), but I really don't want to buy more if I can avoid it. I was banking on being in warm weather not too long after outgrowing my regular pants, but of course that isn't happening!! It's been in the 30s or 40s here for weeks!! In NC, we usually get a nice early spring, at least a good spattering of warm weather! Not the case this year. Still can't decide if I'm going to splurge and buy a pair of jeans or not.

Oh, but in other news--- I finally got an exercise ball (one of the big ones) and have been using it as my computer chair, and boy, it has made a huge difference with my lower back. I used one during my pregnancy with DS2 and had forgotten what a difference it makes! Now if I can just keep the boys from throwing it at each other and rolling it all over the house!!

Advertisement

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40
BeastMasterMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #22
BeastMasterMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jennifer-- I am diaper bag shopping, too... always just used an ll bean canvas tote, but since I don't need much in the way of "gear" this time around, I'm thinking I may get myself a nice diaper bag. Everyone please feel free to give me your recs!! I kinda like the skip*hop messenger bags they have at babiesrus.

Amber, hope your asthma is better! Sounds scary!

My big pregnancy problem is pants. I'm really tall, so finding pants is always an issue. I really only have 2 pair of maternity jeans that are long enough (I have a couple other pairs that I wear, but my inner middle-schooler is just waiting for someone to make fun of me for wearing pants that are too short... ), but I really don't want to buy more if I can avoid it. I was banking on being in warm weather not too long after outgrowing my regular pants, but of course that isn't happening!! It's been in the 30s or 40s here for weeks!! In NC, we usually get a nice early spring, at least a good spattering of warm weather! Not the case this year. Still can't decide if I'm going to splurge and buy a pair of jeans or not.

Oh, but in other news--- I finally got an exercise ball (one of the big ones) and have been using it as my computer chair, and boy, it has made a huge difference with my lower back. I used one during my pregnancy with DS2 and had forgotten what a difference it makes! Now if I can just keep the boys from throwing it at each other and rolling it all over the house!!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40
BeastMasterMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I posted photos of my bag on my blog today. The last photo includes 3 size one Rainy Days diapers. It has plenty of room still in it so I think it will be a great diaper bag for us. I love the zippers and it is built like a tank! I don't smell anything funky either, which I was worried about. http://www.ourunplannedlife.com/2013...ow-bargin.html

I never thought to use an exercise ball at the computer. Hmm I may have to think about that.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #24
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I can't imagine spending that much on a diaper bag!lol but I haven't carried one since my dd1 was 1. We use a backpack and that usually guarantees that dh will carry it too ! Keep in mind that I am super frugal and would never pay more than $7 for a diaper, and rarely buy clothing new for my kids. ( plz don't take that as judgement, I know that we are all at different levels of finance too) I do think if it's something you absolutely love then go for it! I'm the same about car seats, carriers, strollers... I guess I'm just el cheapo!!

Ok need to get to the store!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #25
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

we don't use a diaper bag either we use reusable bags that I can stuff a ton of stuff into and still stow away.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #26
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I have always wanted one of those diaper bags but I would need to find one for a really good price, we just don't have that kind of money. But it looks super nice
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #27
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh I am not offended by what you do with your children. I know I spoil my kids. It has sort of become hard for me not to. I wish I had the ability to go into a second hand store and find things that I need, but it is so rare that every time I try, I get disappointed. So I just stop trying. My last diaper bag I spent about $60 on but I got it in 2006. I hated it once I got a kid to use it, so I told DH that with the next child I wanted a new bag. I told him that it would be likely around $100 and he agreed.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #28
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post

Amber to answer your question, I am actually enjoying this pregnancy and I am a bit sad that I have less then half of it left. I hope I can get pregnant again somehow. I like the belly and even the stretch marks (that I am starting to get). I definitely like the b@@bs. I feel all of this I paid a high price for (actual and figurative) so I am trying to enjoy every minute that I have with my little guy when he is easy to transport.

I hope that doesn't make you feel bad, but I have wanted 3 kids (living) since I got married (10 years ago this December) and I am only at 2 despite trying since I got married (minus the 2 year 8 month break for cancer). So I am sure I see things differently.
Mama, I think that it is wonderful that you are enjoying your pregnancy and I am so happy that you are here with us =D

I just wish I could get past this crazy breathing and bp stuff. Aside from that, this is the most pain-free pregnancy I've had. I was in the best shape I've been in 10 years and I don't understand why, being in better shape, eating healthier etc, I'm having more serious issues. I'm just a little bit baffled, I guess.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #29
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't do diaper bags either. I have a knitting tote I use to stuff dipes and clothes in when we are going somewhere that I don't have to carry anything around, or a backpack for days when he isn't on my back. Otherwise, I stuff a dipe, wipes and a small wetbag (or ziploc lol) in my purse or the pocket on the ergo LOL

I am thinking about getting this purse though, because it is bigger and I sort of love it... and it matches my shoes.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #30
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

love them both Amber!
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote