Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
Amandamama
Registered Users

Kitchen cabinet supplies?

Wanna show off what's in your kitchen cabinets? Not pantry stuff like dry goods, I keep those in a pantry cupboard, but your cupboards with dishes, cups, etc.

It's easy to pretend these are ok, cuz everything fits on mine and they are solid doors do u font see them, BUT, I was just looking in mine and we have 9 wine glasses, 9 beer mugs, a billion plastic cups & big drinking glasses, plus sippy cups & plastic kiddie dishes (I save those for foster toddlers even though my bio kids r past that stage).

I think it's safe to ditch a few wine glasses, lol. On the beer mugs, dh uses those, only one per night. He's like what if we have company? Ok, a few times a yr we have my family or another couple over, so maybe we need 4 of each, lol. If there were less plastic drinking cups, they wouldn't always be filling the sink!

My youngest has severe medical & special needs so we have a ton of medical supplies & meds on the counter.. I'd love to get them off the counter & up in a cupboard! We have a dresser for medical supplies & another two door cupboard too, but sooo many supplies needed, those need to stay, but getting the daily meds off the counter would be sweet

What have u done with your cupboards? Wanna show off some pics?
Thanks

Advertisement

Last edited by Amandamama; 03-23-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Amandamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Amandamama
Registered Users

Re: Kitchen cabinet supplies?

http://

Drying rack for bottles & syringes, med container, etc. not to mention all the other stuff, working on that. One cupboard is already full of meds & supplies. The stuff on the counter is used several times a day.

Last edited by Amandamama; 03-23-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Your pic is showing up upside down for me. Which is OK, I'm on a tablet, but if someone had a desktop... They won't be able to see .

I'll post mine in a bit.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
jessica377
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
Your pic is showing up upside down for me. Which is OK, I'm on a tablet, but if someone had a desktop... They won't be able to see .

I'll post mine in a bit.
It was a bit disorienting on the desktop!
Old 03-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
Amandamama
Registered Users

Oops, sorry. I posted from my iPad & it's right side up on my screen. No idea how to fix that, lol.
I was able to pare down some things & get the meds up in the cupboard, woo hoo!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:23 AM   #6
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've gone through the kitchen 3 or 4 times and each time I find more things we can live without! The one that drives me crazy is coffee mugs. I swear we've gotten rid of several every time I purge but we still have 8. And we rarely use them... but we're down to the special ones that are photo gifts or otherwise unique - so alas they stay.

I've never been good at just wiping a space down in one big purge. Instead I take smaller stabs at it and it works for me. I feel confident each time i purge that I've taken my time and gotten it down to what we really need. Then several months later I find a whole new slew of things to purge. This gradual approach is ideal for me.

Things that live on the counter are the toaster oven, soda stream, and dish rack. And on the overhang counter by the dining room we've got a fruit bowl w/ banana rack, paper towels, pens & notepad, and a small ziploc vacuum thing. Everything else lives in the cupboards.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
Amandamama
Registered Users

I did more today.. There was actually a lot of stuff we didnt use, but I had it packed up there so well, I didn't realize
Cleared out one whole cupboard & moved med supplies up there.

Got rid of a bunch of coffee cups too. We really only need 4, not a dozen.
Feels good.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
Amandamama
Registered Users

I did more today.. There was actually a lot of stuff we didnt use, but I had it packed up there so well, I didn't realize
Cleared out one whole cupboard & moved med supplies up there.

Got rid of a bunch of coffee cups too. We really only need 4, not a dozen.
Feels good.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kitchen stuff is my downfall. I finally have a big kitchen with more storage than I need, so I don't purge as often as I should. I don't think anyone would benefit from pics of my cabinets. Unless you wanted to see how many Corelle dishes and pint mason jars you can comfortably fit in a 15" wide cabinet.

Mrspopo, what I have done in the past with sentimental mugs is use them to hold pencils, crochet hooks, tubes of ointments, etc not necessarily in the kitchen.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #10
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

All of our glasses, plates and bowls fit in one cabinet. My other non-food cabinets hold small kitchen appliances (2 base cabinets) and a base cabinet for mason jars, baking dishes, sieves, frying pans and pitchers.
Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote