Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #31
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I oh so sneakily threw out some McDonald's toys from baby hoarder's room. And then we had a burial ceremony for her sea monkeys. Complete with a kazoo salute

Not much but its just not worth fighting her on tonight. I think I'm going to sneak out her groovy girl collection when she spends the night with my Mom later this week. I might try to list it here she.hasn't touched them in months.

Advertisement

TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #32
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge: 3/25-3/29

So I'm sorta following along, (tackled a big, previously ignored area), and sorta off the reservation as far as far as the prompts go, but super excited. Did some good work on the garage and things that I'd put in the "deal with later" pile while I focused in the house. Well, the house is on hold, and the sun was shining!

I sold my old dirtbike gear, our old crockpot, ten old storage tubs, a 6 foot shelf, my old cellphone... And something else I can't remember. Still have lots to do, but it feels so good to delve in and start dealing with that stuff that's just hanging around!!

And as someone who typically just donates everything, the cash is nice, too. I'm not about to stop donating, but it's nice for now.
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #33
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoach'sWife View Post
I oh so sneakily threw out some McDonald's toys from baby hoarder's room. And then we had a burial ceremony for her sea monkeys. Complete with a kazoo salute

Not much but its just not worth fighting her on tonight. I think I'm going to sneak out her groovy girl collection when she spends the night with my Mom later this week. I might try to list it here she.hasn't touched them in months.
Kazoos are sweet! Perfect use.
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #34
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Did toys today. A bunch of mc Donald's toys are gone. Also has to put his clothes away and donated 3 things he has grown out of. Then I went back on to put something away and saw this:

Attachment 138533

He has stolen the cuttings from coupons and neatly displayed then on his cork board. For a 4 year old he is pretty organized. Now I know why he got in the recycle one day.

Also we don't have board games besides candy land and candy land bingo. And I am not allowed to touch DVDs. (Dh's only collection) But I did find and extra happy feet to give to my niece.

And I flipped all dh's hangers. Will revisit in 3 months to see which ones he isn't wearing. Sneaky me.

Will revisit DVDs this weekend when he is home and reorganize those shelves.
Due with #2 2/14/16

Last edited by ArronDalesMama; 04-16-2013 at 03:16 PM.
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #35
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great work so far this week, everyone. I'm hoping to post some progress in a bit, but a friend is visiting soon and I'm going out for coffee later. So possibly tomorrow instead but we'll see.

I'm going to Target tonight or tomorrow, too, and I'm going to buy a binder to put all of our DVDs and games and such in. So I'll purge a few and then all of the cases tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArronDalesMama View Post
And I flipped all dh's hangers. Will revisit in 3 months to see which ones he isn't wearing. Sneaky me.
Too funny, I did this and sadly only realized that my husband DOES wear everything... the good, the bad, and the ugly! He only had one thing left backward but it was something that is more of a funny sentimental item than anything else. *sigh*

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #36
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I need to do that to dh's clothes. and mine. I did get a bunch of stuff listed for sale today. I found two toys to go. Talked to DS and told him that if they sell, he gets the money. He's on board now, mostly. Need to go find a few more toys to part with. The neighbor took him to mc donald's for lunch today and of course he came home with a happy meal toy. GRRRR... he's bringing them in faster then I"m getting them out.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #37
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

AaronDalesMommy, that is too funny about your son snagging the coupons!

Thought I'd share pics of all the stuff that's leaving this week.

ForumRunner_20130328_193933.jpg

ForumRunner_20130328_193958.jpg

ForumRunner_20130328_194021.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20130328_193944.jpg (8.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #38
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, I worked a ten hour day and had 10 minutes to get three kids ready for ball practice. I managed to feed and hose them off. My hubby still isn't home from an out of town game..... I'm going to call it a success.

I might knock out the do something else for myself bonus tonight. I have a bottle of wine I still haven't opened from when the baby was born to open. Does that count as getting rid of something?

I have also been contemplating dumping the entire sock basket in the trash. Buying everyone a pack or two of fresh socks and dumping all the old ones. Like we have an entire basket of socks. I don't mate them. Ever. There are baby socks in there from when my 4 yo was a baby.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #39
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I found some motivation

I went thru the electronic hodgepodge drawer and tossed usb cables for cameras and phones we don't have anymore, cables and plugs for printers we don't have anymore and phone chargers for old phones. Not too shabby

Old 03-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #40
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

^^ awesome. Cables are sneaky; they breed when you aren'tl looking, lol.