Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #11
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Even though I'm team green- I guess I'm having a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrensmom View Post
I was going to say the same thing that others said. That your doctor probably didn't know, but if she did the ultrasound... and already told you she could tell... hmmm. I can't imagine her remembering the gender without writing it down though?! It's possible she was just saying 'she'.

With both of my previous pregnancies the ob/midwife (different) referred to the baby as a 'she'. The first time my husband and I looked at each other with wide eyes like NO she didn't! (we were team green) I asked her about it and she said she actually didn't know since the ultrasound tech didn't put it in the report... she just had a feeling. She was right (the OB)... the midwife was wrong ... but neither knew... it was just a guess.

I know it's different with you since your doctor actually did the ultrasound, but you might still be surprised!
I know there is still the possiblilty that it's not. Obviously with having 4 girls in a row we are known to be girl makers at my MD so it is possible (however slight) that she was just saying it in a generic sense. Even though I caught her doing it the whole time I was there I still didn't ask cause even though I'm pretty sure she was saying it was a girl and just forgot we were team green this time (in her defense we had found out with ALL of our other LO's) I still don't know for an absolute. I just was kind-of proud of myself for not having caved to finding out and then this happened. Even though we planned on having 1-2 more no matter what this one was I am getting older and who knows if that will happen KWIM i was liking having this one surprise in case this is our last. O well I'm just gonna not say anything so I still don't know for an absolute.

It is funny though that I was saying to my DH the day of my appointment how it was killing me not knowing what we are having. Maybe God was listening and thought he'd put me out of my misery

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #12
NavyMama
Registered Users

I wanted my second son to be a surprise, and the tech slipped up and said "he" a couple times while we were there. So, I pretty much knew. It was kind of annoying, though, because it wasn't "confirmed", so I still kept thinking we might have a girl anyway.
Mama to 2 boys 8 and 5, holding down the fort for my Navy submariner , and expecting baby #3 in June.
NavyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
PabsnPo
Registered Users
seller

I want our next one to be a surprise! Team green is more fun. Plus, I'm tired of taking back all the pink stuff we keep getting....ugh. Sorry your surprise might have been ruined, but you can still tell everyone that you don't know the gender to keep up the surprise a bit.
PabsnPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #14
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

So i went to my MD appointment yesterday and took my 20 mth old with me and of course she was hamming it up for everyone and keeping them all entertained Anyways my MD is talking with her and and asked her if she was ready for a new little broth, I mean baby. So now I'm wondering if she's just messing with me Guess we are back to a tentative team green
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #15
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack
So i went to my MD appointment yesterday and took my 20 mth old with me and of course she was hamming it up for everyone and keeping them all entertained Anyways my MD is talking with her and and asked her if she was ready for a new little broth, I mean baby. So now I'm wondering if she's just messing with me Guess we are back to a tentative team green
Awww!!! How exciting!!! Glad it's still a surprise!!!

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Even though I'm team green- I guess I'm having a girl- Update on post 14!

Yay!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #17
Luvdgame
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Even though I'm team green- I guess I'm having a girl- Update on post 14!

We are team green too and have had weekly u/s due to being high risk. Every time we tell them we are not finding out. We have found some techs us he/she exclusively and some will avoid anything other than "baby", "munchkin", or "little one"

I try not read into it now because I was so upset when I thought they spilled the beans.
Luvdgame is offline   Reply With Quote