Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Circular needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art mama View Post
I'm not sure where the closest store would be. I may order the knit picks sampler pack. That way I can try a variety and also knit a gauge swatch to check my gauge since I'll have three different size needles. I do have one set of the inexpensive circulars in metal but I thought the cord on them was way too stiff.
Just remember you will not be able to use the sampler to make shorties, unless you learn to do magic loop. To knit shorties in the round you need 16" circs(and 12" or 9" for the legs if they are narrow) you can only make 24" with the KP interchangeables unless you buy the special short tips, then they will go down to 16".

Advertisement

Last edited by mgmsrk; 03-28-2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: typo
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #12
mlgurney
Registered Users
seller
seller

My votes for the Addi turbos too! Great needles!
mlgurney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #13
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmsrk

Just remember you will not be able to use the sampler to make shorties, unless you learn to do magic loop. To knit shorties in the round you need 16" circs(and 12" or 9" for the legs if they are narrow) you can only make 24" with the KP interchangeables unless you buy the special short tips, then they will go down to 16".
Thanks. I noticed that after looking at the details more. I will have to get a fixed length to go that short wont I?
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art mama View Post
Thanks. I noticed that after looking at the details more. I will have to get a fixed length to go that short wont I?
The ChiaGoo's go down to a pretty small size but you would have to check. You can get a short tip interchangeable set or just a few fixed in 16" & 12".

There is a woman on Ebay that I buy my Addis from, her user name is something like ArPat or Ar_Pat. She often has BIN items where you can pick 6 any size/length needles. Her prices are great and she is very good to work with.
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #15
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am using Chiaogoo 16" interchangeables (stainless) and 12" fixed (bamboo) for my longies. The 16" for the body, and the 12" for the legs. I bought size 5 and 7 tips, and then size 5 and 7 fixed. So far they are fantastic.

ETA: Totally recommend Handsome Fibers. Their customer service is fantastic, and they get orders out super fast.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #16
momof7
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've bought circular needles from both of these ladies & really like them.http://http://www.etsy.com/shop/SpinnersEnd
http://http://www.etsy.com/shop/rachaelmadeit

Last edited by momof7; 03-29-2013 at 10:01 PM.
momof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #17
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ok I just bought the bamboo circulars from michaels. This way I can knit a gauge swatch and if I need a different size I can take them back . I couldn't find 12' needles locally...unless hobby lobby has them. After I see what size I need I may order a nicer set of them to try out. Thanks for your help ladies! And wish me luck! Lol.

Money is tight so even the cheaper needles was a splurge. I'll get some better ones when things get better and I make sure I can do this.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote