Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
kynid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone here actually have an issue with their new BG prints?

It seems like a ton of people on the facebook B/S/T group are claiming that the elastic is relaxed on their new diapers, but the pictures they post look perfectly fine to me. I have seen only 2 pictures of elastic that actually look loose out of the 30+ people I have seen claiming it (and they said CB replaced theirs and let them keep the new ones). Multiple people posted that they emailed CB with pictures and CB also said they looked fine.

I bought 3 Irwins and they look just like the other 28 new 4.0 I have bought in the past month, but anytime I say that people respond by saying that it is their new "normal" and that's why I can't tell.

I have also seen women say they do not want a replacement or to ship it back for a full refund, they want CB to let them keep the diaper they have and refund half of their money so they paid the price of a second! It is actually making me feel pretty bad for CB!

Just wondering if anyone here has actually had an issue, or maybe a bunch of the ladies on the FB group are just complainers with buyer's remorse?

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
annagirl900
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone here actually have an issue with their new BG prints?

That is a huge bummer if they are being dishonest. That will make the production cost go up, and we will all pay for it if they have to increase prices

Old vs. BumGenius Elemental Comparison
annagirl900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
kynid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annagirl900 View Post
That is a huge bummer if they are being dishonest. That will make the production cost go up, and we will all pay for it if they have to increase prices
I absolutely agree. And just to be clear, I am not saying that there haven't been some people with issues, but at least 90% of the pictures I see of "relaxed elastic" look completely fine. I feel kinda bad for Jen since she just had a baby and all, and now is dealing with this. It comes with the territory or owning a business, but some of the women just seem to be going crazy demanding to keep their diapers AND get money back.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
fantasia1117
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine seems perfect!
WOHM Mama to my two boys DS#1 (12/30/2007) and DS#2 (10/7/2010). Married to my amazing DH since 7/23/2005.
fantasia1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mine was fine but I didn't care for the feel of the PUL so I sold it to a friend.

I saw that post on the FB page & I was kind of turned off. I am fairly new there so maybe I misjudged. Dunno.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
annagirl900
Registered Users

My Mood:

@OP I knew what you meant I am sure that there are some legitimate cases of relaxed elastic. I would hope that people would have the integrity not to take advantage of the BG warranty, but I know that there are those out there who will. As with shoplifting, stealing, etc...it doesn't just hurt the business owner, it eventually comes around to other customers having to literally pay the consequences of other peoples dishonesty.

Old vs. BumGenius Elemental Comparison
annagirl900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #7
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine seems fine too but I guess I never looked at it that closely (will do so). . .
gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it does sound like there is either
a) a bit of dishonesty going on
b) diaperchondria (I'm making that up as a play off hypochondria) and this word I invented means . . . when someone sees someone else have a problem with their diaper and suddenly they "see" the same problem, too, even if there isn't really a problem there. And the more people they see with this "problem" the more likely the diaperchondriacs are to think the see that problem with their own diapers.

either way, it's unfortunate for all the reasons listed. Sounds like it all started because some people genuinely did receive problem diapers, but it's turning into a "thing" when really most of the diapers are fine.

I feel bad for everyone this will affect going down the line
Old 03-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #9
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cotton babies should be asking for the old diapers back.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
elle'smom
Registered Users
seller

Diva, "diaperchondria" is the perfect word to describe it! I am still seeing new posts complaining about elastic and holes... I highly doubt any of the elastic is "relaxed," as it is all brand new. Those diapers need to be washed and dried so that the material can shrink up around the elastic. Holes are obviously a different story, but I really think the majority of the diapers are fine.
elle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote