Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I hear this a lot, and don't "get it".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
But if my male dog humps another male dog, does that actually mean my dog is homosexual? Or does it mean he's just a dog looking to hump something to satisfy his urges? I'm going to bet the latter, since I am 100% sure he'll still get it on with a female dog if given the opportunity.... Heck, he'd hump a giant stuffed animal...

OP, I don't think the argument holds any water, either.
Your dog humping another male dog is not a display of sexuality or sexual activity at all, it is an act of dominance. Both male and female dogs (and wolves for that matter) display acts of dominance, it is part of their social order. However there are animals that display true homosexual behaviors even forming lifelong mating bonds with members of the same sex. This is totally different than your dog "getting frisky" with a pillow or a large stuffed animal.

Advertisement

iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #12
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom23kids View Post
they have found homosexual pairs in nature and they prefer relations with their same sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
However there are animals that display true homosexual behaviors even forming lifelong mating bonds with members of the same sex. This is totally different than your dog "getting frisky" with a pillow or a large stuffed animal.
Interesting, never heard of such a thing before...
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #13
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...gayanimal.html
Old 03-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #14
xtin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
But if my male dog humps another male dog, does that actually mean my dog is homosexual? Or does it mean he's just a dog looking to hump something to satisfy his urges? I'm going to bet the latter, since I am 100% sure he'll still get it on with a female dog if given the opportunity.... Heck, he'd hump a giant stuffed animal...

off topic but usually "humping" is a sign of dominance and not sexual anyways. my female lab used to hump my male lab to show him "who's boss" aka the alpha and he just didn't even try to stop her because he was the submissive one of the two. She was just showing him his place in life
Old 03-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #15
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Your dog humping another male dog is not a display of sexuality or sexual activity at all, it is an act of dominance. Both male and female dogs (and wolves for that matter) display acts of dominance, it is part of their social order.
Yes to this! Our last female dog was the 'alpha' on our house. She frequently humped our male dog to indicate that she was dominate over him. He did try to assert his dominance over her, but every time, she quickly made it clear who was boss. He resorted to attempting to hump people because he wanted very much to be the alpha.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #16
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball
I wish some people would eat their young . I AM KIDDING FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THE DAYS IN THE WEEK I AM KIDDING. Seriously though I dont get that argument either.
Off topic but my step daughter and I used to laugh at the mental image of her dad/my DH eating my DD. Put her between two pieces of bread with a little mustard. Hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #17
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

This. I have seen same sex animals hump each other, but that doesn't make them gay, therefore that argument is useless. I've haven't seen same sex animals carry out a long term sexual relationship. It's more of "I have a need that I need to fill *right now*" than an "I'm gay" thing.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #18
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage
Yes.. I assumed that, but how many times do we see animals doing things we would never do, and we don't take that as "Well, then good enough for me". I don't like being told that because a female dog humps another female dog, that it must be acceptable for humans too...

Heck, my female lab is inappropriate with a giant stuffed Duck.

Again, am an FOR Gay marriage, just not based on what an animal would do.

I guess I just don't care for the comparison.
The giant stuffed duck made me think,,,don't humans have plastic fake pieces of anatomy to be inappropriate with? That's more of a conscious choice than being gay. just thought that was funny. Sorry if it offensive, it was a really funny image in my head.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #19
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

posting this again

Dogs hump to show dominance, not because of sexuality of any kind. This link talks about homosexuality in the animal world.

Last edited by iris0110; 03-26-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #20
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

posting this again

Dogs hump to show dominance, not because of sexuality of any kind. This link talks about homosexuality in the animal world.
If this is directed at me....in my post I was not referring specifically to dogs. Cattle and goats and many other animals will hump a same sex animal when they are in heat. That leads me to believe that they have sexual urges that are not fulfilled rather than making me think they are gay.

As far as the national geographic article, I don't put much stock in those.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote