Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #491
addicteddad
Registered Users

Re: I hear this a lot, and don't "get it".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
And? Are there not cultural "truths?"
I just read vespertina's amazing response to the same post. I couldn't possibly add anything better.

Advertisement

addicteddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #492
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
At least I felt that puppy was here to contribute to the debate in her own way. It seems vespertina is playing the role of pot stirrer now that puppy is gone. With less shock and awe and more hey look at my college degree.
Yes, puppy does contribute to many threads on a regular basis while some members tend to only pop up to argue religion. But that's not against the rules so I can't really complain.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #493
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatblack View Post
So did Puppydog get banned for 6 months because of the douchecano comment. I get she riles people up a lot but I really wonder if she was THAT offensive. I have seen worse on here. Why does Vespertina get a pass on that long word she called all the gods?

Yes, I'm seriously asking because this seriously bothers me.
I can't speak for the mods or what went on behind the scenes, but I do know she has a history of being offensive. She also asked me to stop posting on her threads via PM because I called her out on her offensiveness and inappropriateness in them. I have since found out I'm not the only one. I feel she posts here to rile people up on purpose and then gets all defensive and rude when she's called out on it. Out of respect to her I haven't posted a single negative thing about or to her since, until this post.

And back I go to stalkdom. I really don't come here to aggravate people, I promise. She's the only one I really haven't gotten along with here, ever. I think maybe she needs a break to learn some empathy for those on this board, and think before she posts.
Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #494
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertina View Post

So, if I call Odin an a**hat, that's uber offensive and bannable? Hilarious. This I wonder. Not that I'd actually call him that because he isn't real and thus not really an a**hat. It's called being sarcastic and facetious and also shining light on the double standard that exists.

No one bats an eye at someone calling Thor a "bad name," and heck, there could be Asatruars here, but the moment someone pulls the same move on the Abrahamic pantheon then war descends upon the evil sinner. That deserves a big fat eyeroll.
When in the world did anyone on ds ever call Thor a mean name? This is ridiculous. You're not comparing apples to oranges anyway. Tell the pagans they're all new age hippie psychos (I can't even think of a clever insult, fail) and off to the guillotine you go, and rightfully so.

I really don't understand why we have to have debates about which religions are more okay to insult. Um, none? Again, since when is being respectful giving someone special treatment?
Old 03-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #495
Vespertina
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah52 View Post
Yes, puppy does contribute to many threads on a regular basis while some members tend to only pop up to argue religion. But that's not against the rules so I can't really complain.
Roughly 90% of the discussions I participate in on online forums are debate related. It has been that way for the past almost decade. I debate as a pastime, and I study religion. Three plus years ago I spent loads of time debating the merits of UC, homebirth, breastfeeding, and all things AP because that made up much of my studies, along with religion. Since I'm out of that stage I focus my attention elsewhere.

Vespertina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #496
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
When in the world did anyone on ds ever call Thor a mean name? This is ridiculous. You're not comparing apples to oranges anyway. Tell the pagans they're all new age hippie psychos (I can't even think of a clever insult, fail) and off to the guillotine you go, and rightfully so.

I really don't understand why we have to have debates about which religions are more okay to insult. Um, none? Again, since when is being respectful giving someone special treatment?
Thor He's my favortie Avenger. Just ask my kids.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #497
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicteddad View Post
I just read vespertina's amazing response to the same post. I couldn't possibly add anything better.
Her response wasn't even about what I posted, I was not arguing the merits of Christianity over other religions. I wasn't even arguing anything or claiming to be right about anything. Some of you are way too intense for me, I'm all for sharing ideas and discussing things but being lectured at like I'm an ignorant SAHM...which I am...is not enjoyable.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #498
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post

Thor He's my favortie Avenger. Just ask my kids.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
So hot.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #499
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well if people get banned because they deliberately stir the pot then OP should also be banned. She starts these kind of threads often and I have wondered in the past if she does it only to see them derail.

I actually like that she does it because I do think these things have to get talked about, so OP, NOTHING AGAINST YOU. I just want to understand why Puppydog was banned.

I don't know, it just bothers me that she was banned.

Last edited by vatblack; 03-29-2013 at 03:34 PM.
vatblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #500
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatblack View Post
Well if people get banned because they deliberately stir the pot then OP should also be banned. She starts these kind of threads often and I have wondered in the past if she does it only to see them derail.

I actually like that she does it because I do think these things have to get talked to, so OP, NOTHING AGAINST YOU. I just want to understand why Puppydog was banned.

I don't know, it just bothers me that she was banned.
She really does come into a lot of threads and say very inflammatory things. Like one liner drive by snipes, you know? There's a history there.