Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #11
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Birth Stories

Love everyones stories!

Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #12
Blessed2005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Timeable but irregular contractions started at 4:30PM on Thursday, April 4. Much like the ones I experienced with my last birth. Called the OB, she said she didn't think I was in labor but wanted an NST for decreased fetal movement. While waiting on my mom to arrive, my water broke/trickled(just like with DD) around 7:00pm, ab 15 min after talking to dr. I was staring to freak out bc at this point with DD I had about 1-1.5 hrs. to delivery.

I got to the hospital and they used the strips to check for broken water but couldn't get a good read bc I had washed off after it broke at home. Nurses wouldn't check my panties that I had brought with me bc "urine can cause a false read." When the OB came in, she checked me and I was the same as far as progression from last check-up....maybe half a cm more. She still didn't think I was in labor. I mentioned off-handedly that I had brought the panties with me and she wanted them checked. Strip turned deep blue and she told me I had a definite order to stay. Funny how a little blue on a stick can change the whole course of a conversation. They checked another strip in my urine to appease the nurse and it turned green. They got me admitted and we settled in for a wait.

Approaching midnight, I was asked about an epidural. I didn't really want one, but I was still only ab 4 cm and was looking at a full tiring night of labor. I was urged to get one so that I could rest before having to push. DH and I decided it was best. The epidural HURT! Never had one hurt like that before. Right after getting the epi, I almost passed out. Nurse had me positioned badly and had to call for help. After nurse Anest came in and re-positioned me, I immediately stared coming back and feeling better. It worked to effectively numb the stomach contractions and my right leg. I felt EVERYTHING else, including back labor, intense pelvic pressure.....so much for a restful night.

At 4AM, I was still only 4-5 cm so they started PIT. More waiting. The rest is a blur until morning.....lots of upping PIT, trying to rest, vitals, nurses in and out. We really started rolling after shift change. I had 2 nurses with me almost the entire time in my room. They started going in and out as it got close. I'm all like, "WHAT?! You've been here all morning and now you wanna' leave?" Anyway, during the 9 o'clock hour they checked my and I was 9cm with the rest of my bag bulging. I was asking for the DR to come in and break it so he would just come, but she wanted the water intact as long as possible because he was a little early. When she finally broke my water, the contractions got mean. It was maybe an hour to get to 10.

I was telling the nurse it had changed, she checked me during a contractions and wanted me to do a "practice" push, "What?! Are you sure?". I was trying to do a "little push" but you either push or don't in labor. She was telling me a little longer and I was telling her NO IT'S NOT. She called everyong to finish setting-up quickly. OB is running down the hall to make it. I'm holding a baby back during like 3-4 contractions. OB is ready, pushing through 2 contractions and my beautiful baby is here! All the pain is GONE! How awesome our bodies are.

I had a sub-clitoral tear, OUCH! And Abel had a big hematoma from coming through the birth canal so quickly, as well as having to have a deep suction. We are both great, just healing. He has stolen my heart! He was worth every little discomfort I experienced the whole time! I am still awed that I can love so many people so much!

Sorry this was so long, but thanks for taking the time to read it.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #13
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ashley - Thanks for sharing! It's a great birth story!! I can't believe the nurse was so stupid with the panties and testing for fluid - urine will not cause false readings, that's the whole point in testing fluids down there. Stupid nurse.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #14
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ouchie. I tore up with my first and the stitching actually made sex better after i was healed of course.

Glad all the suffering before hand yielded a delicious baby!!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #15
birdinhand
Registered Users

Mine is super long. Here is a link: Ezra Christian

Last edited by birdinhand; 04-12-2013 at 09:24 PM.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #16
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Beautiful story!!! Very introspective!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #17
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...2#post16512212

Fair warning- long difficult labor = long birth story
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #18
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Very nice to read others birth stories!

Last edited by NappyChappy; 04-23-2013 at 02:08 PM.
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #19
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
My due date was the 21st, Tuesday I had ctx all day, regular but not that strong. My midwife suggested I go to L&D just to see what was going on. They said I was 3cm but could go home and try resting. Overnight I started having really bad ctx but still every 7-9 minutes. By 8am we dropped our kids off at school and were ready to go back. When we got there they checked me and suspected my water was leaking so we got admitted and they started my antibiotics(strep b pos). I was still only 4cm but my bag was bulging and my midwife thought that it would rupture anytime and then things would go fast. After getting all the admit stuff done I got in the bath tub and labored, used the ball, and rocked in a rocking chair. DH was amazing through everything.
At 3:25 the my water really broke, all down DHs legs then things got serious! They got the birthing tub in the room and filled it up. The ctx were getting really intense and at 4:30 I was ready to get in the tub. I kept telling them I couldn't do it and my midwife and DH were so great at supporting me. By 5 I was ready to start pushing and Aubree Elaine was born at 5:33pm. Scooping her up out of the water onto my chest was the most amazing feeling. Her cord snapped when I picked her up, I'm not sure if it was short or what but there was another midwife assisting and they both quickly grabbed the ends and clamped them.
We just spent a few minutes in the tub then got into the bed and wrapped together in warm blankets, I delivered the placenta there. She was wide awake and alert and took right to nursing for the next hour. We spent another hour just enjoying skin to skin before they measured her, she was 8lbs 9oz 20.5"
I didn't have any tearing and feel great! I'm so glad I got my natural water birth, it was so much more then I ever imagined.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #20
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's long!

Victoria's Story

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote