Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #111
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More

Do you live in southeast Michigan?

No why?

Advertisement

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #112
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~
Just realized above post may come across snarky It isn't meant to be.

I have a ton of respect for member napua! Not sure how to re-word it to not sound odd while conveying what I feel to be differences in the presentation of beautiful bodies
This thread has gone crazy, lol. Just want to say that I didn't take your post as being rude or snippy...actually I can't ever think of you posting in that manner. Thanks for clarifying though! Now I'm off to try to catch back up on this subject...
Old 03-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #113
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: WTH Victoria's Secret????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
Your uniform rules specify what kind of bra girls wear? And how would you even know if it's a padded/pushup bra vs her real breasts? What do you do, illegally strip search any girl with the appearance of breasts? Then what, tell her it's ok but the flat chested girl next to her is inappropriate for wanting to look developed too?

I wish I had attended a school with this type of dress code.No wait, for me it would have been church.That is where all the gals in my Sunday school class had padded, push up bras long before they had breast. I felt abnormal until realizing the boobs around me at church were all bra Breast don't appear over the weekend. I'd know instantly if one of my kids (or even their best friend) had stuck on a padded push up bra. No illegal strip search needed. Over the summer? Yeah, maybe, but I don't think that is what the member you quoted was saying.

While on the subject of quotes, you might want to go do some editing real quick. The person you quoted asked not to be. Not to toss my admin powers in here, but I can see your orig post and what you went back and took out of the quote after posting. You saw she asked not to be quoted, you quoted anyway and then edited to remove her request. I hope your main intent in this thread is not to keep stuff stirred up?

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 03-28-2013 at 09:35 AM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #114
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429

Wow, I didn't expect to hear that! I would think most people would know to separate the company you're working for from you. But I always expect people to be more reasonable than they are, lol. Sorry about that. And you have an interesting vantage.
No they can't separate it, I got really good at tuning them out while nodding my head though

Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #115
breannanoahmason
Registered Users

They sell Sexy/lacey undies and Bras at target and walmart. So if the young teens want to get it they will. I have a now 21 yr dd and when she was 16 she was out shopping with her friends already alone. She bought thongs etc.. I told her i wouldn't buy them for her but what she did with her money was her choice. I told her i didn't like them. And she was not sexually active at that age. I do wear VS more so cause it makes me feel good. My hubby liking it is just an added bonus. Sometimes it is the only place i can find a bra to fit me (34a) right.
I take my boys 13 and 4 to the beach and there are girls there wearing Bikinis. And some are not covering much more then what the VS models have on. Gasp I wear a bikini in front of my boys. I see nothing wrong with it. I think as a parent we can teach are our children right from wrong. I told my daughter it was inappropriate for her to wear them before 16. But at 16 I felt she was mature enough to make that decision her self.
I would much rather her wear vs sexy bras and panties then all the tattoos and piercings she has. But I can't control that either.

Jennifer mom of 3
breannanoahmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #116
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
Boy shorts are inappropriate for kids? My 6 year old loves them, briefs swallow her, Hanes sells them, and they aren't at all sexy.
Yeah, I was a bit on that one too. Boy shorts cover more, right? Why is that wrong?

I do not expect to ever be okay with my daughter, while she is a minor, wearing undies with some of those sayings on them. However, what's considered provocative or acceptable changes with the times. Probably most of the shorts I wore in my childhood are too short by today's standards. But it was the 80s, and short were short, and it wasn't a big deal. Boys, too, wore short shorts -- nowadays that's supposed to be weird and boy "shorts" come down to the knee. (That looks so hot in summer, poor kids! Even their swim trunks these days go halfway down the calf. And yet, on most boys their swim trunks hang down too low and show half their butt. Strange rules we've got for boys clothes these days.) For that matter, look at the dresses Shirley Temple wore, or look at dresses worn by girls in the 50s.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #117
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste

You know, I want to apologize for the way I said my previous comment about just being your kids friend and to explain a bit more. I realize that vs has undies that are not all sexy lingerie, and plenty can be perfectly appropriate for teenagers. The issue I have pictured in my mind is the super sexy stuff, worn by young girls. Even if it's not marketed directly at them, I have seen it hanging out of their shorts. Which brings me to my other grievance with fashion/parents. And this is what I didn't really articulate, but had pictured in my head. Everywhere I go (mall, Target, grocery store, park, heck just walking down the street) I see young girls dressed very provocatively. Lots of barely there shorts with butt cheeks hanging out, tight and/or short or see through tops, please-don't-bend-over mini skirts. These are worn by mainly teenagers, but it is not uncommon to see the same fashions on girls who are still elementary age, too. It really disturbs me, because I have two young girls who look up to these bigger girls and think that the way they dress is cool and they want to be like them. Also because there are perverts out there. There have been multiple stories of awful things happening to children here in Florida in the last few years. I know there are pervs everywhere, but I think the warm weather gives them a chance to get more of an eyeful here. These are the kind of things that I see and wonder where the parents are. I hope that these girls snuck their teeny outfits out of the house and changed into them, but I doubt that is the majority of the cases.

Anyway, I don't shop in vs with my children because I hate the way the models and mannequins are posed like they are ready to screw. It oozes sex. I get it is a lingerie store, but it makes even walking through the mall with my family unpleasant. I don't want my girls to grow up thinking that you must have legs a mile long, huge boobs, pouty lips, and very little clothing to be ideal. As much as I do and will continue to tell my kids that true beauty comes from inside, society sends a much different and very strong message. Vs may not be targeting young kids officially, but they sure as heck know that families of young children see their ads in malls. They are grooming young kids to buy their product, and sex sells. They are selling sex.
So should they black out their windows and check IDs at the door like a **** shop? I mean really? Only 18+ are allowed to wear the undies/bras/clothes should the store make the choice for children about what they are allowed to wear instead of their parents? Not snarky at all real question.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #118
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia.aline View Post
No they can't separate it, I got really good at tuning them out while nodding my head though
So sad that people would take their frustration at the company out on you. That sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post
I agree with this however I am also seeing ppl say some incredibly rude things about parents who honestly happen to think that there are some decent panties in the pink section for their teens. I have read that if you let your kids wear this stuff your dressing then slutty, and just want to be their friend and things being, implied its our fault that girls are sexualized.

I've stated my teens shop there. I am not ashamed of that. As young teens I picked them out and I had things I wouldn' buy like thongs, string bikinis, all over lace, and rude comments. They got boy shorts and hipsters with pictures and designs. As they get to be older teens I , as their mom, allow them to choose. And yes I'm pretty sure that they wear bikinis and maybe thongs. I personally don't see that as horrible. however from this thread you would think all moms like me are uneducated, child molester advocates who just want to be their kids friends. Which I think is also kind of rude howeveed I am ok that as ppl opinion because well I am ok with my parenting ideas.
I can see your point. I may have read the post I quoted in the wrong tone. It seemed to be saying that those that had an issue with the marketing were sheltering their children and not discussing things with them, other than to say the model was bad. Perhaps since I am one that doesn't like the marketing I took the post more personally than I should have. I can see being on the flip side of it now.

I hope my post in this thread did not come across to you or anyone else as though I judge the parenting or children of those that wear VS stuff. I do believe what is allowed in different families when it comes to undies is up to the family!

My issue isn't the undies families buy, it is the way the company markets their product. Shoot, I never said what kind of undies my teens wear. They love VS stuff as much as their mama They don't get to buy the stuff with the sayings on them but they have some pretty interesting undies in their collection

Old 03-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #119
~happy2Bamommy~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia.aline View Post
So should they black out their windows and check IDs at the door like a **** shop? I mean really? Only 18+ are allowed to wear the undies/bras/clothes should the store make the choice for children about what they are allowed to wear instead of their parents? Not snarky at all real question.
I can't answer for the person you quoted, but for us, we bought VS stuff long before they added the larger than life pictures and sexually provocative poses to our store windows. I took my daughters in there as well. We really do like VS stuff!

I do not like having to walk by the store now with my sons or sit beside the store to eat. I am not judging those that choose to walk in the store or buy VS stuff. I'm not upset with the employees at our local VS. I'm upset with the company. Not for making sexy undies, but for their choices in marketing said items.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #120
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~

I wish I had attended a school with this type of dress code.No wait, for me it would have been church.That is where all the gals in my Sunday school class had padded, push up bras long before they had breast. I felt abnormal until realizing the boobs around me at church were all bra Breast don't appear over the weekend. I'd know instantly if one of my kids (or even their best friend) had stuck on a padded push up bra. No illegal strip search needed. Over the summer? Yeah, maybe, but I don't think that is what the member you quoted was saying.

While on the subject of quotes, you might want to go do some editing real quick. The person you quoted asked not to be. Not to toss my admin powers in here, but I can see your orig post and what you went back and took out of the quote after posting. You saw she asked not to be quoted, you quoted anyway and then edited to remove her request. I hope your main intent in this thread is not to keep stuff stirred up?
As I said in the PM, my intent was to respond specifically to someone saying they disn't allow padded bars in their school and since there was no identifying info in the post, I quoted it. People shouldn't post on the open forum of a public BB what they don't want out there. She did not post a school or location or whatever, so I didn't see the issue.

That said, it's been removed.