Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #21
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack
Disgusting to say the least ! I'm not shocked at all though. I mean really ,what would expect from such a degrading store as Victoria Secrets ?
How are they degrading? (The store as a whole)

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #22
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

The way that they objectify women in their advertisements .
Old 03-27-2013, 01:39 AM   #23
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack
See, I think more along the lines of Frederic's of Hollywood when I think of that, lol. It's ok though, everyone has their own level of comfort.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:09 AM   #24
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah52

Exactly. Pink is for young women who are old enough to not need parental approval for their underwear. If your girls are young enough for you to be worried about what their underwear look like then don't let them buy this stuff. The slogans are tacky but that's nothing new for the fashion industry.
This is not their Pink line. It's a new line called Bright Young Things. The CEO was quoted in Business Insider as saying something like young girls just want to be like college girls and we are giving them that opportunity.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #25
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: WTH Victoria's Secret????????

Here's the thing. Victoria's Secret sells sexy underwear. That's not really shocking or surprising. I don't know that I necessarily consider these particular phrases they have chosen to be sexy, I think they are probably more cheesy than anything. But, some people do consider them sexy so it sells.

Anyway, Victoria's Secret sells sexy underwear. That's the entire business model of the company. Their PINK collection is designed for college age women. Bright Young Things is a PART of the PINK collection that is being marketed towards those older high school and younger college age girls/young women. It's not intended for tweens, not sized for middle schoolers and not marketed towards kids.

I couldn't find any of this on VS website though, nothing that is like the pics in the original link in the OP.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #26
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Well, I don't even like going to the mall nowadays with all the half naked models on posters. Sometimes you can't even tell what the ad is for because it's mostly skin and sexual poses (and I don't mean underwear stores, I'm talking about jean stores, jewelry stores, cosmetic stores). Even if you don't buy these things for children, seeing these ads I believe is detrimental to both boys and girls. They see that everywhere and think it's the ideal to strive for.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 03-27-2013 at 06:10 AM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #27
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I really don't see the issue. I wore much racier panties as a teen than I do now (sadly LoL) and no one saw mine till I was 17.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #28
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack View Post
I am genuinely curious, how else should they advertise for sexy underwear? The entire purpose of the store is to sell sexy underwear to women. I am not sure there's another way to advertise for sexy underwear except to show women wearing it and being sexy?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #29
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So not only do we have girls with slogans written on their butt, but now on their crotch!! WTH??
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #30
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I really don't see the issue. I wore much racier panties as a teen than I do now (sadly LoL) and no one saw mine till I was 17.

This makes me feel that I should mention, I like never bought sexy underwear, and still rarely buy it, because I found it uncomfortable and still do. I was going to the mall alone at 14ish, and did go into VS, but went for the lotions. All the underwear I owned were (and still are, for the most part) basic hanes cotton briefs, and that was still very true when I got pregnant at 17. Not having sexy underwear isn't going to keep teenagers from being sexually active. Just ask all your grandparents who certainly didn't have zebra print lacy undies, and yet were getting married at 16, 17, 18 and so on and then having perfectly healthy baby a month or so "early."

Last edited by happysmileylady; 03-27-2013 at 06:38 AM.