Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The movers broke my washer

We've been dealing with these people for THREE MONTHS now. It has taken this long for them to get us in touch with "their guy" that handles appliance repairs.

Basically what I THINK happened is that the movers pulled the washer out of it's spot by the front face and it buckled. That broke the tub seal at the top so now water leaks out of the top of the washer where the front panel meets the top piece during the spin cycle. I'll include pictures.

So anyway, after three months we get this guy's number and he asks for pictures. After he gets them he says he's sorry for the minor dent and state law says he has to pay us sixty cents per pound for the damaged item.

DH is fighting with him via text right now but I'm so mad I don't know what to do.

The washer still works but do I need to worry about the broken seal getting worse or causing further internal damage to the machine?

Advertisement

Cautiously expecting #4 10/6/16
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
They have an A+ rating with the BBB, the reason we chose them. And they seemed so professional at the time. Since dealing with the broken washer and they also broke my nursery glider our experience has been terrible.

After standing us up 3 or 4 times the co owner came to our house at 8pm reeking of beer and talking super loud, woke up the baby, and weighed our glider by picking it up (yeah, seriously).

It took a few weeks for him to come back and pick up the glider to take to "his guy" who did a good job fixing it as far as I can tell. But he said his appliance guy was on vacation so that took a few more weeks. Now they're also fighting us as we have a 90 day window to report all damages.

Last edited by EmmaGM; 03-29-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:
File with BBB. They'll try to contact the business. Otherwise their ratings would suffer.
PBAki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Robin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The movers broke my washer

I filed with BBB one time. The business did a total turnaround. From "Absolutely not, we will not fulfill the contract" to "Yes, let us schedule the replacement of this item." I hope it works as well for you. I filed online. It was very easy.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
I filed with BBB one time. The business did a total turnaround. From "Absolutely not, we will not fulfill the contract" to "Yes, let us schedule the replacement of this item." I hope it works as well for you. I filed online. It was very easy.
Thank you for this advice. I know this company prides themselves on their BBB rating but I had read somewhere that the BBB couldn't help them with something or another. It made me think maybe they were an impotent agency.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: The movers broke my washer

If you look online, the BBB is paid off by many companies to keep that A rating, it is really sad.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #7
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
If you look online, the BBB is paid off by many companies to keep that A rating, it is really sad.
That's what I thought. Does our country have one agency that actually does what it's supposed to? The IRS maybe?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #8
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I know that feel. We have our stuff in storage and had horrible movers when they packed everything. The guy who took apart the crib had no teeth, looked 20 years older than he is, and he was struggling with getting the crib apart. I haven't seen it since it was packed so I'm nervous to unpack it. Ugh. Good luck getting everything sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote