Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Kay+Dave
Registered Users

What's the best, reasonably priced ring sling?

I am expecting baby #2 in October, and I'm wanting to get a ring sling for this newborn as an easy solution for out and about so that I have more free hands for my little guy. What's the best sling out there for a reasonable price??

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: What's the best, reasonably priced ring sling?

I don't know if it is the best. That is probably more a personal preference. I have tried 2 different brands of ring slings. The maya wrap ring sling and nojo. The nojo had padded shoulder and padded rails. The tail was also sewn togethor. Although I liked it once I tried the maya wrap ring sling I much preferred it. I have used the maya wrap ring sling with both of my younger children. I like haveing a choice in sizes. I also like the pocket on the tail and the tail not being sewn togethor.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
saturn
Registered Users

I always recommend Sleeping Baby Productions, I think it's the best value for your money. The online shop has been overwhelmed lately though, so she's been using a slot system which makes ordering kind of complicated at the moment. But if you don't need to order right away and can wait until closer to October, they are great slings at a very reasonable price.
Definitely look for unpadded rails. Other good brands are Maya wrap, TaylorMade, SweetPea, and Sakura Bloom.
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
Kay+Dave
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn
I always recommend Sleeping Baby Productions, I think it's the best value for your money. The online shop has been overwhelmed lately though, so she's been using a slot system which makes ordering kind of complicated at the moment. But if you don't need to order right away and can wait until closer to October, they are great slings at a very reasonable price.
Definitely look for unpadded rails. Other good brands are Maya wrap, TaylorMade, SweetPea, and Sakura Bloom.
What's the benefit of unpadded? Sorry...new to the ring sling world. I use a mei tai with my older son and LOVE it! Never used a ring sling before.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

unpadded rails are easier to adjust, more compact, and more versatile in sizes. My first was padded I loved it until I discovered Maya Wraps unpadded rails. It was simply easier to use and to travel with.

Whatever one you choose I suggest making sure you get video instructions with it. I know some brands have one that automatically comes with them.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
saturn
Registered Users

Padded rails make a sling more difficult to adjust, and don't really add any comfort. In my experience, most people prefer unpadded slings. Especially with a newborn, you need to be able to get the top rail really snug to support the baby's neck and head, and padding makes it harder to pull fabric through the rings.
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I loved my maya wrap ring sling. It is super simple to use and you can do so many different carries in it. The tail is also nice to use as a cover for nursing since it is loose. Tharen liked the Tummy to Tummy carry which I think is easier in a non-padded sling and I also liked back carries when he was older.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
squirrly
Registered Users

I also really like Sleeping Baby Productions and SweetPea slings.
squirrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #9
Kay+Dave
Registered Users

I really like the looks of the SweetPea slings! They are so pretty and look really well made.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
jhallod
Registered Users

I love my MayaWrap. I started using it at 1 week old- completely changed my world! Super easy for quick trips out and about - even sitting in booths at restaurants!
jhallod is offline   Reply With Quote